Sunday, December 11, 2005

If I was to repaint....

What color would I choose?

Today, I got a "new" sofa and wing type chair. One of my girlfriends is doing her house over again - and she had this really nice sofa set that I liked - it looked gorgeous in her house. It's a dark sage with golden sage stripe. (The chair is a coordinating type jacquard). I really like it, so instead of her donating it to Salvation Army, I took it - it's about two years old and in mint condition. But, I want to keep the pillows from my old set (which I am now donating to Salvation Army). I love, love, love the pattern of my sofa set - and I love the color scheme even more. I opted to do my living room in a two tone purple to match it and it looks awesome. BUT. While my old pillows and the new sofa look good together, I'm wondering if the purple is not dominant enough to use on my wall now. Am I going to have to go with a more neutral color? I guess I won't know for sure until I bring the set in the house tomorrow, but here's a sneak peek. I'll post a photo of the entire room when the set is in, because sometimes you just can't tell until you take it all in. And this photo is actually deceiving becuase the sofa looks brown - and the pillows look pinkish - and they're not. So, it's truly hard to tell here....

So, last night was the Holiday Potluck with us crazy girlies. What a post I have planned for that! A couple of times, I was in tears crying - I was laughing that hard.

I'm done with working around the house for this weekend. Ever since the night before the snow day I've been reorganizing, rearranging, washing, folding, cleaning, cooking. I need to put the kids down to bed early and take a bath with a nice glass of wine.

7 comments:

Bougie Black Boy said...

We always love your tales of debauchery! So make sure you do a write-up of you and all the girls.

Some of the best furniture we get is that which is donated to us. . . And then, it's just so hard to say goodbye to it.

Cissa Fireheart said...

I am looking forward to the fun nigth out stories!

And I bet the couch will look fine!

of course, I have white walls and can't paint - Navy Housing :( But oh, what I WOULD do if I did *sigh*

bigwhitehat said...

Is there at least one room in that place where the Hubby and the boy can feel at home. Sounds like you've froo frooed all the masculinity out of your house.

Your place must be the total opposite of mine. Echotig actually decorates with old boots. I love it.

ramblin' girl said...

what about a light sage green on the walls? would have to see the whole room pic, first, of course, but that's what pops into my head, particularly with the green hues in the pillow?!

and looking forward to the stories!

Michelle said...

I agree with ramblin' girl. I was going to suggest a sage green too, with maybe a darker tone on one wall.

I'm having fits with your blog again. I wonder what the deal is.

Cheryl said...

I'd paint with that sort of sage green--the lighter color. And I'd ignore BWH. I can't wait to hear about the potluck!

Rebecca said...

Hey All -
I have been SLAMMED - sorry I've been MIA. I'm hoping to blog tonight!!! :)