Friday, December 16, 2005

The person you are calling can not be reached...

Because her cell was annihilated today.
Literally.

My SUV was at the dealership for some work this week - and so I was using a loaner vehicle. In between the ice pelting down and the wild winds - I brought it back to the dealership since they needed it, and I of course - wanted my own back. On my way home, I stopped to do some holiday gift shopping - taking advantage of the time that I had since I'm so very late on buying this year.

By this point, it was downpouring and exceptionally windy. As I was running to the store entrance, my cell phone leaped out of my pocketbook (which clearly, was not closed all the way). I heard it fall, looked back - and there it was, glistening on the ground. Just taunting the oncoming car to hit it.

I had a split second, and either I was to be hit saving it - or I was going to let it fend for itself.
Clearly - I chose not to get hit. The sacrifice was strong....my beloved phone was destroyed.

Needless to say I spent 2 hours at Verizon trying to get a new one. Seems everyone was shopping today.
And so my shopping time was gone....Poof.

But I do love my new phone....
There's an upside to everything!

6 comments:

Jerrster said...

Rebecca....I just bought a new phone it has a camera and a camcorder and its way cool...and it works so much better than the old one had to pedal to get to work.

have a great weekend.

bigwhitehat said...

That weather sounds horrible.

I have a suggestion.
*Turn up the heat in the house.
*Put on Shorts.
*Make margaritas.
*Close your eyes.
Poof. You're on the sandy beaches of Padre Island. You had better chase those sandpipers away before they poke holes in the saran wrap and eat your lunch!

Cheryl said...

Two hours?? I could use a new phone too, but just can't spend the $$$. I still have the free one that came with my account. It doesn't flip, doesn't do pictures, no video. It's so 2003!

Rebecca said...

Hello Everyone!!!

BWH - I'm totally with you on that!

Dale - Yes, fortunately on the 4th try he got it to transfer. WHEW. I don't remember ANYONE's numbers anymore. ;)

Jerry: A camcorder??? Holy Moly. What will they think of next??? It slices, it dices, it sings...it's a cellphone on crack! ;)

Laura: Yes, I'm the same way - hence my willing to wait the time. Must. Have. Phone.

Cheryl: hahaha, so 2003. Don't feel bad, they come out with a new one every week it seems. You can't keep up no matter what!!!!

If I'm MIA from visiting your blogs, please don't think I'm slighting you! My dad is in from out of state, and so my time that I would be on line is being spent with him. However, I will be hopefully stalking ya'll later tonight after I wrap gifts!!!

Merry Merry everyone.... :)
PS: Dale - still working on your stuff... I'm hoping to have it done tonight maybe? :)

Mellissa said...

OMG B! You should have called me. I have the Blackberry 7100G and I hate it. Would have been more than happy to have overnighted it to you ;-)

I only have one Christmas present....need to get out of my pyjamas and get to it......

Mellissa

Ben O. said...

Sorry to hear that. I guess there won't be any rollover this month, huh?

Ben O.