Monday, April 02, 2007

Monday Mashup....

1. It’s opening day for baseball! Finally! I thought it would never get here.....So very excited to watch the game today! I won’t get to see all of it – but I’ll get to see some and that’s okay with me. It might be rainy and dreary here in Boston – but it’s 81 and sunny in Kansas City.

2. Okay, finished the book “My Sister’s Keeper”. It really, really bothered me. Did not like the ending – at all. I did not see it coming, and truthfully – I may not have read the book if I had realized what it was really all about. That being said....Jodi Picoult is a great writer; I’m just wondering if all of her books are like this one. In any event, I’m now starting “Lovely Bones”, which I’ve heard really good things about. We’ll see how this one goes...

3. My contact tore in my eye Friday on the way home from Yoga. So....this afternoon I have an appointment (finally!) to get new contacts. No more flipping around in my eye! I’ve had these contacts that haven’t fit will for far too long and I’m so thrilled to be done with them. In the meantime though, I’ve had crazy headaches from being so “lopsided” in my vision!

4. I moved offices on Friday morning/afternoon. Hmm. Maybe that’s why my contact tore – all that dust and god knows what else flying around the air. Not loving my new cube – but not hating it so far either. Zero privacy which is never any good. But such is the life of a government worker, right? Did I mention that I’ve been putting the word out on the street that I’m looking for a new job on base? Well, no one in my office knows (NOTE: so if you work with me and somehow found my blog and I don’t know about it – please don’t tell anyone!!!! Thanks!) Maybe nothing will come of it....but maybe something will. We shall see....

5. Hmmm. McDreamy isn’t so McPerfect, is he? Here I was, practically gawking at my television – just melting and giggling about how he’s so perfect. And then.....the wife shows up at the end of Season 1. Um, hello?!? I’m going to be starting Season 2 this week – so please, no spoilers!!

4 comments:

chesneygirl said...

YAAAY for Opening Day!!!!

Go Tigers!! :)

Susan said...

You'll love Season 2.

And the book the Lovely Bones. I liked them both.

Anyway...we should try to meet up. I'm itching for Starbucks.

Sarah said...

hi, just came over from erin (ladybugs-12). i too just started watching Grey's Anatomy first season (on lifetime) and am obsessed!! but too many people in my office watch the current season now and talk about it..i had to institute a Grey's Free Zone around my cubicle!

Rebecca said...

Hi Sarah -
Yes, I have a Grey Free Zone as well!

Thanks for stopping in - I don't always get to comment in return to everyone's comments here, but hope you come back! :)