Thursday, April 26, 2007

Hope Springs Eternal....I hope so anyway!

I watched the American Idol special last night – and I have to tell you, it was heartbreaking at times. Hats off to the producers for trying to use the power of their show to do some good for others who truly need it. It’s so easy for most of us to not think about others who might not be as well off as we are. And of course, that is a relative term - but I'm speaking generally. In this MYSpace, ITunes, “reality” show watching, fast food eating, Banana Republic wearing, Coach Bag carrying society that we’re living in – I think it’s really important that the youth of today pay attention to the problems that maybe aren’t so near and dear to their hearts because they fortunately (or unfortunately?) haven’t been exposed to it. I hope it made some semblance of an impact on them.

Muscially speaking, I thought the performances were really quite good. Kelly Clarkson was excellent, as was Carrie Underwood. Rascal Flatts, and IL Divo I really enjoyed as well. The illusion of Celine Dion with Elvis was really very, very cool. I just kept wondering how they made it look like they were really together – it was so very well done. But my personal favorite, was Josh Groban. To hear him with the choir of children was what I bet it sounds like when Angels sing together. Sounds corny – I know. But his voice is just magical to me.

There’s no shame on hopping on the "giving" bandwagon.
It feels really good.
Really.

3 comments:

chesneygirl said...

I have to agree with you on all of it. I think they did an exceptional job with the whole show!

I thought the "Stayin' Alive" montage was too cute!!! :)

David Sullivan said...

Next week will be great when they boot 2 !!

bigwhitehat said...

You need to do my latest meme.