Friday, April 13, 2007

It seems the best laid plans often go astray....

So I was supposed to run a 5 mile race on Monday. And – given our weather report, that’s not going to be happening.
I’m not overly disappointed because truly, I don’t think my conditioning is up for 5 miles. I could pull 3 no problem – probably even make it to 4. But I’m thinking 5 might be pushing it, especially since I haven’t been doing much running outdoors. So I’m glad that my friend and I didn’t register in advance for this one.

Clearly, that just means that I’ll have to find a good 5k to run if this weather ever seems to stabilize. Cool and misty is good. Driving rain and windy – not so good.

In other areas of my “self improvement” tasks, I just finished reading my latest book, “Lovely Bones” last night. I’m here to tell you.....I didn’t love it. It was okay. I guess I was looking for more from it. Jeesh, I’ve been so critical of what I’m reading lately, I’m beginning to feel like the Simon Cowell of my own private book club! I need to lighten up...it’s entertainment for God’s sake, not rocket science! I’m so serious at times......Definitely one of my flaws.

I am glad that today is Friday. I really, really love my Fridays...it’s hot power yoga day, and one of the greatest ways to put an end to my week. I feel so....done afterwards. Like nothing that might have been affecting me during the week still exists. That’s part of the addictiveness of yoga – it frees your mind. And wipes you out, to say the least.

So tonight, after I put the kids to bed...this girl is going to have a glass of wine – which will go right to my head I’m sure since I am so exhausted after my workout -- and maybe some cheap Chinese food.


Not a terrible way to start the weekend, eh?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really didn't enjoy "Lovely Bones". I thought it was a big disappointment. So much hype, so little in return. Did you read "The Kite Runner"? That is an awesome book!

Rebecca said...

Oh, that's funny - someone in work just recommended the kite runner to me! That was next on my list! :) Thanks for the tip Anonymous...

Susan said...

Sounds like the perfect way to start the weekend to me.... ; )