Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Like the flutter of a butterfly's wings....

Its interesting how one event can change the course of your life. We don’t even realize most of the time when we make even the smallest decisions what the impact is on the very next move we make in life. Or how that decision impacts another person’s life. Similar to the Chaos Theory, or the Butterfly Effect – even the most minor of changes can have a ripple effect throughout the universe. Sounds deep, doesn’t it? Well, it is. And I’m certainly not intelligent enough to discuss it at any length greater other than what I’ve just written, but I can tell you this – it’s a theory I believe in.

It’s sort of like “what goes around, comes around”. Although that’s more spiritual and referred to as Karma it’s still a form of your actions having an impact on someone else’s life – as well as your own. Does this mean that we really put that much thought into our every movement, our every course of action we take in life? No, of course not. Nor does it mean that we have to, but it’s just an interesting thing to think about.

These are the things that go through my mind when I haven’t had enough coffee yet today.

3 comments:

Tim said...

I like to call it the "It's a Wonderful Life" syndrome. Never do we know how much our lives impact on others.

ramblin' girl said...

Very weird. I was gonna mention "It's a Wonderful Life", too...

I've been thinking about something said to me recently. That every person's life is like a pebble thrown into a pond. The effects of that small pebble just keep reaching out further and further.

Anonymous said...

Love it!!! You MUST write more about this...it's SO true.