Friday, April 06, 2007

Songs of love and yellow roses....

I am so not in a mood for work today.

I’m sitting here, listening to some Garth Brooks....the sun is shining.....and I’m feeling like I’d rather be sitting back someplace enjoying an ice cold Corona.
Can’t we transport me to Texas somehow?

When I was a little girl, I used to say I wanted to be a “cowgirl” when I grew up. Us little girls would play those silly games with the folded paper that would somehow predict our futures –and when we had to pick 4 places where we wanted to live -- I always said “Texas”. I’d marry a “cowboy”, and we’d live on a farm and have horses. If I actually got that outcome in the game – then clearly, that was what my life was going to be like. Funny how things don’t quite work out like our childhood games.

I’ve only been to Texas once, but I loved it. I didn’t get to spend much time there – it was only a weekend – but I really liked what I saw. The food was amazing. One of the best steaks I’d ever had was in Dallas at this restaurant,
Bob’s Steak and Chop House. I had some of the best Mexican food at this little restaurant that I can not remember to save my life. The night life was fun – the people were amazingly nice. I just really liked my stay overall. Of course, I didn’t see all that the city of Dallas or the state of Texas had to offer....but I would like to go back someday.

So, maybe tonight - I'll grab myself a Corona and grill up a steak, sit back and have myself a Texas moment in Massachusetts.


7 comments:

Suldog said...

But you'll be rooting for the Sox, right? :-)

Lloyd L. Corricelli said...

I've spent months on end in Texas. It's a great place to visit but living there...eh...I'm a New Englander through and through...

Susan said...

Sounds like a good night to me. I'll be dancing to Elvis with Velvet Elvis. You should come out some night when you get a kitchen pass!

bigwhitehat said...

One little plane ride and you could be down here.

For a more authentic transendental trip, you should consider a Shiner Bock. Or maybe even a nice glass of Llano Estacado.

Next time your in Dallas, I want you to meet us at a place in Plano called Love and War in Texas. You would never forget the experience.

Lori said...

Texas can be pretty hot and muggy in the summertime, but I've had some amazing times there, too.

There's something to be said about that big ole state!

Happy Easter!

daktara said...

you have a very nice blog
congratulation

chesneygirl said...

Never been there myself.

My parents just returned from San Antonio...best Mexican food they've EVER had they say! And my mom IS Mexican!! lolololol