Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The power of positive thinking....

Open your eyes to the beauty around you....
Amazing what one 90 degree day can do. Flowers are blooming everywhere, birds are playing with each other in the sky...the smell of a grill in the evening breeze for the first time in a season is intoxicating. I even saw a butterfly yesterday afternoon. It was a picture perfect day yesterday, and while it was far too warm in the office – it was really just perfect outside. I’ll take the sudden rush of summer any time!

Open your mind to the wonders of life...
I got a wonderful phone call this morning on my way to work. One of my girlfriends just told me she is pregnant! I wasn’t expecting the news at all, because she’s a newlywed and truthfully – we never discussed whether children were part of her “plan” for the future; so I sort of figured if it was – then it would be a topic of conversation that would come up if she broached the subject; but it wasn’t something I would just assume was. Everyone has different goals in life. So I was really surprised and so very happy for her, when she shared her news with me. Another precious little someone is going to be born and loved.....and if that isn’t one of life’s wonders – then I don’t know what is.

Open your heart to those who love you...
To freely give your love to those around you is easy; for me, receiving love back is always the most difficult part. Opening my heart up and trusting is such a hard thing for me to do. But I’m getting better at it, I think...

And always...be true to yourself.
I am proud of the woman I am....the person I have become over the years. Despite efforts to try and make me doubt myself, I feel good about who I am. I’m not perfect, and I don’t pretend to be – and of course, there are always moments of doubt -- but I do try really hard to be someone that my family and friends can be proud to say they know. I’m still finding out who I am, because I’m always growing and changing; but I think that I will always stay true to what I believe in and who I believe in. And who I believe in more than anyone else...is me. If you don’t believe in yourself – who can you believe in?

5 comments:

Martie said...

Ah Rebecca....you're one smart cookie!!!! HUGS

Greens and Pinks said...

Congratulations to your friend and I love the last section of this post. So, so insightful and so so true.

Mellissa said...

Mornin' Rebecca!

What WONDERFUL news from your friend that is always the sweetest news!!

I was wondering if you are reading that book from Oprah about positive thinking and stuff? I think it is called "The Secret".

I am curious about that book and the theory. I tend to always try to look at the positive first and the little things, but I am not attracting the same things to myself - lol.

O.k. I am rambling - SO obvious that I haven't finished my morning coffee eh ;-) Loved the post!! Great thing to start my day with.


xoxo,
Bug

Lori said...

One of the reasons I enjoy your blog so is because you are always so positive. We do have to believe in ourselves. This shows others that we like who we are and makes them want to get to know us and believe in us as well.

Have a Happy!

oregoncelticlady said...

Hi rebecca, wandering through from Melissa's site. I think you would like the poem on my page....