Monday, March 26, 2007

Monday's Love Affair...

I'm really tired today. I don't know if it's the rollercoaster weather we're having or what - but I just can't get it together today. My eyes are puffy - and I'm just so draggy. And yet I didn't do anything this weekend that was exceptionally draining. It was a relatively calm and low key - dare I say relaxing - weekend.

I thought I'd share my latest "loves" and "must haves".

1. MetroMint Peppermint Water: I have been drinking this for a while now and lately it seems like I can’t get enough of it. I don’t care much for flavored waters that have all that sugary crap in it. Strawberry water and the like to me is just gross, for lack of a better word. And I don’t care for sparkling water either – I don’t drink carbonated anything, even spring water. This has no added sugar – it’s “plain Jane” spring water that is infused with mint. They don’t say how they do it, but my guess is they store the water in steel vats or something like that, with pounds of mint leaves to infuse the water naturally. They also have a lemon mint and an orange mint – which I’ve yet to try, but I did buy them this weekend. Perfect for anytime you’re thirsty – amazing on a painfully hot day; and great on your stomach – because peppermint naturally soothes the digestive track. It’s addictive....

2.
Valrhona Dark Chocolate: I’m not a big chocolate person normally, but this is really good. Almost amazing. To me – the 72% chocolate (which is what I’ve been nibbling on) almost has got a hint of cherry flavoring. But I don’t think it actually does....it’s just really smooth. This is nothing like Hershey’s Dark Special which I can’t tolerate. This is good stuff.... and, it’s good for you!

3.
Grey’s Anatomy: Okay, so I’m a bit behind the times and playing catch-up. I bought Season One and I’m devouring it in an effort to get up to speed so I can watch the current season on DVR. I wanted to watch it from when it first came out, but there’s so much good TV and it conflicted with my pre-existing schedule. So I never got to watch it. But it seems like everyone I work with watches it and I got sucked into buying the DVDs. And now....I’m hooked. Oh – and while I’ve always liked Patrick Dempsey, even when he was what was most would say was goofy (which was really what I loved about him!) – his character on this show just really makes him so appealing. He always had such great sincerity in his expressions, and I love, love, love that in a man. McDreamy...McSteamy....McYummy! (What, is that wrong??)

4.
Fresh City: It’s smoothie season! And without having a good juice bar nearby – this will absolutely do. I think the Lite Island Dream is calling my name. It’s where I’m heading today for my lunch – and of course a little retail therapy at Ann Taylor Loft. Not a big Loft fan, I prefer the traditional “AT” – but I can’t resist going in for just a peek.

5.
Vinyasa/Bikram: Nothing new here, right? But at risk of sounding like a nut, I think I want to go on a Yoga weekend at Kripalu. I know, crazy right? I can’t get time to go to NYC, I’m going to be able to find time to take yoga and relax all weekend? HA. But, something to think about anyway. I ordered their catalog.


There are a variety of other things that I’m loving at the moment – but these are the first five that come to mind today. Ask me tomorrow and I might say something different!

2 comments:

Big Ben said...

I prefer white chocolate to dark chocolate.

Suldog said...

Re: Peppermint. It is also a sort of aphrodisiac for the brain. Tests have been done, with subjects just smelling peppermint oil, and brain function has been shown to increase following.