Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Another day in the life of ....me!

This morning I saw a car accident on my way to work.

I wasn’t able to actually see the accident take place– it was about 10 cars up from me, but I did see the residual effects of it all as the cars ahead of me were maneuvering out of the lane as it happened. As I drove by, I saw a woman get out of her car, crying – and just sit on the guard rail looking awfully defeated, sobbing. It looked like she was saying “oh my God”. It was clear that she rear ended the car that was ahead of her – and her car sustained the most damage. But no matter what, you don’t sit on the guardrail of 128! I was afraid she’d get hit, so I dialed 911 and asked the police to send a car/ambulance over. Who knows if someone’s hurt, you know?

Talk about a lousy way to start your day. I felt awful for her.

I don’t recall exactly where I’d heard this, but I remember hearing that Route 128 is the highway in MA that has the most amount of car accidents per year. I’ve been driving this road daily, for almost 15 years now – with only one accident, and it was an exceptionally minor one at that – fortunately. (I hope I’m not jinxing myself now!).

In other news.....Spike the kitten went in for his neutering surgery this morning. And what used to be an over night visit is now “day surgery”. I’ll be picking him up this afternoon.

And my son is taking his first Yoga class today. He starts soccer the first week in April, so I thought it might be a good idea to get him into something structured before he starts that. Plus, the stretching will be really good for him. He’s pretty excited about it, and I can’t wait to go and take a picture of him in class. My little handsome boy is getting so big.

Oh – and my retail therapy at Ann Taylor Loft turned out rather well! I got a fun little dress which I’m wearing today.....and I scored a few cute items as well.

I’ll be needing some more retail therapy soon I’m sure.....I found out I’m moving offices on Tuesday. And I hate where I’m moving to.
Tuesday just might have to be a Sephora kind of day!

1 comment:

joy said...

Enjoying the warnmer weather Rebecca? Nice change.

It can ruin the rest of the day if you let it, don't.