Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Smile - It's the second best thing you can do with your lips...

When I was younger and lived at home, my Dad would often say to me “you’re coming down with a cold”. To which I’d almost always say “no, I’m not – I’m fine”. Because at the point in which he’d say this to me, I’d be feeling okay. But sure enough, I’d be sick within a day or two of him mentioning it. So after a while of his predictions coming true, I asked him how he was able to tell that I was coming down with something – and he said “Your lips get swollen.. Almost puffy. Especially your bottom lip.” I remember laughing at him and thinking “no they don’t”. Typical teenager, thinking that her parent's don't know anything. But you know what? He was right.....

Ever since then, I can always tell when I’m fighting something because my bottom lip really does get swollen. “Angelina Jolie-type-of-puffy” – feels like it’s “in the way” kind of pouty. I usually end up biting it (one of my bad habits) because it’s annoyingly noticeable. Who needs collagen implants – clearly I just need to have a cold or something to get that look that people pay thousands of dollars for.

What’s funny is that my son is the same way. His lips get really full when he’s sick, or right before he comes down with something. My daughter’s don’t – but my son, who already has really nice lips (watch out little 5 year old girls who will someday be teenagers!) definitely has that whole pouty thing going on when he’s not feeling well.

It’s funny the different traits that get passed down from parent to child.

6 comments:

Steve said...

Lol...Bec..
It's nice to know that once in awhile us parents are 'right'....lol....even if it takes some 30 or so years to find it to be whatever it is to be true !....
PS: much better pix for the blog than last one !

SMUGS....DAD

Mellissa said...

I hope that you and your beautiful, puffy lips are feeling better today Rebecca!!

Cute post by the way ;-) Your daddy sounds like someone who gave good hugs too!!!

Mellissa

Lori said...

Sometimes having a cold is a miserable thing. I hope you're feeling better and that your son is, too.

Hey, at least you can look pretty while you're ill!

Anonymous said...

Maybe I'm ignorant or something, but what's the best thing I can do with my lips?

Martie said...

Strange....I can tell whenever I'm catching a cold because about a week before I actually get the cold, my ears and throat will start itching....and you can't scratch your throat!!!

Suldog said...

Wellm I know the best thing that can be done with lips, but this isn't my blog, so I'm not at liberty to go into the details.

Hope you feel better!