Wednesday, March 14, 2007

"She's like the wind"....no, not really!

As I’m a purpose and goal driven personality – I’m happy to say that in the past 24 hours I have found something to work on.

I’ve been pretty bored with running lately. I don’t have the opportunity to run outdoors as there aren’t any places geared towards running where I live. Translated, that means – no sidewalks around, no tracks, parks, etc. And I get so bored on the treadmill even with my IPOD. But I really enjoy running, despite all of this.

Yesterday,
Karla asked if I wanted to run in a road race on Mother’s Day. Which I normally would’ve jumped at the chance to do, except that I am not going to be around that morning. So that sort of got me on a mission of trying to find a race to run. And I found one – although it’s not a 5K, it’s a 5 mile race. Truthfully - I hadn’t noticed that when I signed up for it. One of my friends at work is running it with me - and she noticed that little detail. Which to her is no biggie, she runs that on a regular basis. At first, I was like "hmmm. Not sure about this". But then I figured – what’s another 2 miles, right? Besides, one of my New Year’s Resolutions was to run a 10K, and this will bring me about a 1.2 miles shy of that goal.

But now...I have a mission....I have something to focus forward on.
Running 3 miles outdoors wasn’t overly difficult. But now, to manage my cardio to go an extra 2 miles – that is what I’m working towards.

So on Marathon Monday, one of my friends from work and I are going to be running
Patriots Day Road Race.

And I'm focused, focused, focused.

4 comments:

Suldog said...

Good for you! Damn. I used to run cross-country in high school, but I get winded running around the bases, now.

Martie said...

Good for you.....making and sticking to goals is great! Good luck in the training and the actual race!

Susan said...

You can do it!

chesneygirl said...

You GO, girl!!!

Run! Run like the wind!!! :)