Friday, March 02, 2007

When will cold season ever end....?

I’m feeling a little run down today. I can’t really put my finger on it, other than I feel it in my eyes. They sort of have that “warm, sleepy” feeling to them still. As if I should still be asleep or just woke up recently, rather than the 6 a.m. timeframe in which I really opened my eyes up.

My daughter is in the midst of a crazy cold, which I’m hoping will be better by tomorrow so as not to put a kink into our get together with my cousin. He’s engaged and his fiancée has a daughter who is the same age as my son, so they’re all ramped up to spend time together. It’s not as if my daughter is deathly ill, but if she’s really still all runny nosed I don’t know how fair it is for me to bring her to their house and expose them all to the cold. So I’m hoping she clears up a bit over the next 24 hours.

My son, who just recently got over his very first case of Strep throat was complaining last night that his throat bothered him again. Fortunately, my pharmacist always overfills the amoxicillin bottle in an effort to help parents who have kids that fight taking medicine, and turn their heads or spit it out everywhere. So I still had two doses or so left from his prescription that he finished taking on the 18th. I gave him a dose last night – and one today. He says he’s feeling much better, but I wonder if it’s just because he took the medicine he’s thinking he feels better. See while I’m glad the pharmacist over fills – what he doesn’t realize is that my kids love medicine. Sometimes, they’ll make up excuses to take it. Amoxicillan? Love it Robitussin – they love that I think more than any medicine.

I on the other hand, don’t like to take medicine at all unless I absolutely have to. Even when recovering from my C-section in the hospital, I told the doctors to give me the least amount of pain medication possible in my drip, and even at that – I didn’t take it. I remember the nurse coming in and saying “you have to use that!” and I was like “um, no I don’t.” Truthfully, I was uncomfortable at times -- sure... but even the lowest dose of the medicine made me foggy and I do not like feeling that way at all.....so needless to say, medicine and I don’t go “hand in hand”.

I’m hoping that this afternoon’s hot yoga will clear my system up of all the “yukkiness” I’m feeling and will give me the boost of energy I need to fight off whatever it is that I’m feeling I might be coming down with.

2 comments:

chesneygirl said...

Wow! You are a strong woman, after my C-Section I was begging for all the drugs I could get!! hahahahaha!

Wishing healthy thoughts to you and your daughter!! :)

Have a great weekend!!!

bigwhitehat said...

It is over and done here.