Friday, March 23, 2007

T.G.I.F.

It’s been quite a week, I have to say.
I’m glad it’s over – I’m really looking forward to enjoying this weekend.
Starting with a much needed yoga class after work today. Forget Calgon....Savasana take me away!

Tonight, I’m hanging with the girls tonight for our “Spring Fling” potluck. Pictures to follow, of course. I’m bringing “The Salad”, which I haven’t picked up the ingredients for yet. I usually try to make something “bigger” but I just didn’t have the time to really cook. I had hoped to get out at lunch and run to Whole Foods or something but I just didn’t have time – it was a crazy busy day today. I also had wanted to get a fun little Spring colored or flowered T shirt or something to wear for tonight. It seems like everything I own is brown, black, white or cream. I seriously need some bright color to pick me up, you know? The salad stuff I’m sure I can pick up after yoga – the T shirt – not quite so easily done. I won’t be near anyplace for me to stop, unless of course I buy a shirt from where I take yoga. Which is of course, entirely plausible.


Oh! I did get a nice compliment today! One of the Amy's who I haven't seen in a while, caught a glimpse of me yesterday as I was running around the office -- and made it a point to tell me today that she thinks my arms look "jacked". Which made my whole day! That's the look I'm sort of going for, so it really made me feel good to hear her tell me that... It makes me enjoy working out that much more, you know?

I never know whether to dress for the weather, or the office. Yesterday, I wore shortsleeves because it’s been so stifling hot in the office; and yet yesterday – it was cold. Today, I was smarter and chose to wear a sweatshirt. (Yes, I self designate casual days for myself!) Yeah.....it’s stifling in here. So I'm sweating my butt off. And I could really use another cup of coffee. So I’m overheated and undercaffeinated (to quote myself from an email earlier to one of my friends). Quite a combination to say the least.

At risk of sounding "whiny".....did I mention how glad I am that today is Friday?

2 comments:

chesneygirl said...

Sounds like a fun time!!

Have a great weekend! :)

Susan said...

Why can't today be Friday again?