Sunday, March 04, 2007

Clearly, the light isn't quite shining at the end of this tunnel...

So, I have a cold. Okay, no biggie. I actually sound worse than I feel which isn't so terrible.

My son on the other hand...is sick. Double whammy sick. I had him at the ER at 7a.m. this morning because not only did he still have a fever and a bit of a sore throat, he had this very Roseola looking rash on his face and neck and trunk. So off we went to find out what's wrong with him.

Fifth's Disease - which isn't a disease at all, but a virus - is what he has. Sort of like Roseola actually. And on top of it- I just got a call now from the doctor said his Strep culture just came back as "positive". He just got over Strep! Or maybe he didnt' actually "get over it". Back on the amoxicillan he goes.

This poor kid, ever since last summer he's been inundated with these childhood syndromes. Well, I suppose it could be worse.

I just can't for Spring and for this nasty, nasty cold and flu season to end.

5 comments:

Greens and Pinks said...

Ugh. Double ugh. I too cannot wait for this horrible cold/flu season to be done. Bring on a warm and early spring.

Big Ben said...

You will have to keep your kids in bubbles.

Peter N said...

I hope he feels better...you too!

chesneygirl said...

Oh Ick!! Sorry to hear it!

I had forgotten all about "Fifth's Disease" when I was in middle school there was an outbreak of it.

Sending Hugs and healthy thoughts! :)

Anonymous said...

Poor little bugger...