Thursday, March 22, 2007

My latest guilty pleasure...

Finding the “Next Pussycat Doll”. After watching yet another disappointing American Idol results show, it is so much fun to change the channel and watch a few girls (some of who are quite talented!) try to be the next piece of nameless fluff in the Pussycat Doll group.

Let me back up. While I love American Idol, I’m really pissed off about the results being so skewed. I get the whole “Howard Stern trying to prove that he’s the ‘King of Entertainment’”, and don’t get me wrong – I like Howard. But I don’t like him screwing with my television show. Sanjaya, while a cute kid – can hold a tune at best. He can’t sing. And while I can see the appeal in the 13-15 age group for him, I think it’s wrong to intentionally have people vote for the worst candidate strictly to drive a point home. Don’t they realize that they’re not proving any points – they’re only messing up what might be the only opportunity for some one like Stephanie, who’s really quite talented?

Moving forward. The judges for the Pussy Cat Doll show, irk me. Lil’ Kim – she doesn’t need to name drop all the time, and she’s so not Pussycat Doll material – I’m not sure why they chose her to judge, but what can you do. The founder of the show, Robin Antin – seems nice enough, but seems almost enamored with everyone. She reminds me of a nicer Janice Dickenson. The only judge that to me has credibility is Ron Fair from the record company that signed the Dolls.

3 comments:

Steve said...

Boy are you 'guys' lucky.....I just wrote a 'book' on the 'ills of Sanjaya', but the blog coughed up a fur ball and put my 'hostilities' into cyber heaven ...lol ....
So let me just sum it up quickly....I do think he would make a good commercial for 'puppy chow' and leave the real talent to those that have it !

Love Dad

Steve said...

Tis me again....I do think if the audience week after week chanted this at every moment they had a chance...things would be different !
"Ba Byeya Sanjaya"....
Just thinking about him ....oh my gosh...where's my 'barf bag'....lol
enough said!

Dad

chesneygirl said...

For the most part I agree with you on your American Idol comments however, I didn't care much for Stephanie either so I was not sad to see her go.

What network is this Pussydoll's show on? I've not heard of this!