Thursday, June 18, 2009

People pointing, fingerpainting the world...

Today I valiantly tried once again to obtain the same or similar nail shade that my girl Giada wears on her fingernails. It’s this rather creamy whitish-pink; not quite OPI’s “Italian Love Affair” – but close. Up until the very moment I was Googling for the image I just linked to, I had no idea what it was. I thought I replicated it rather well today using Essie’s “Cabi-o-lait” and then “Hi-Maintenance”.

However, come to find out just now that it is OPI’s “Bubble Bath” – which is typically the shade I opt for with my French Manicures.
Who knew?

Well, the moral of the story is that this particular combination I have on today – while I do like – looks terrible on me. I was going to throw in the towel from chasing this elusive colored butterfly; obviously when you’re always cold and your hands have a blue tinge to them all the time, the pale look just doesn’t work. I feel like I have cadaver hands.

But now that I know it’s la “Bubble Bath” – I’ll give it another shot. I’ve never worn that color alone, and clearly – I’m not the only one who’s looking for that clean, soft yet pretty look that Ms. DeLaurentiis’ has got going on; a year ago when I was trying to figure it out, there was nothing on the information superhighway. Now – the answer is there.

So this girl is going to give the summerish look (aside from the typical French) one more try at the next appointment.
And if it doesn’t work, then I will kiss that elusive butterfly of color goodbye…..

No comments: