Monday, June 22, 2009

"you are but mortal woman. Time is now to be dreaded - since once he put that mark upon your throat."

Okay, so I was planning on chatting today about True Blood and last night’s episode – but this tidbit from my morning is just too good to not mention. It’s rather fitting for the vein of today’s topic, and yet just wrong on so many levels.

I received an inquiry this morning from a user in the field – and he said his name was “Tam”. So, after speaking with him, I asked him to send me an email so I could follow his inquiry up in writing and send him information; well, I get his email – and his name is not “Tam”.

It is Tampon.

Seriously.
Seriously?!?!
Who DOES that to a kid?!?!?
And what I want to know is – does it mean something different in any other language???

Moving on to my friends from Bon Temps.
I really am just not a fan of Sookie; I much prefer her darker counterparts. And I’m thrilled that her vamp boyfriend really laid into her last night for not using her head. Doesn’t she get that it’s eternal life or death for Vampires who break the laws? Her far too fabulous beau Bill has put his everlasting existence on the line for her over and over again and she is constantly nagging at him to be perfect. I do love her ability to hear thoughts though….

Because we never would've found out some info about our benevolent benefactor, the lovely Miss Maryanne. Isn't interesting to think she is the Devil? Or is she “a” devil/demon as opposed to the big “S”. I've got to tell you, whatever she is -- she totally cracks me up.

Lafayette is going to be a fabulous vampire. I am so looking forward to his return, he is going to rock that town. I don’t know who he is in “real life” but he’s a really good actor. He’s got that accent down perfectly, sort of the way Terrence Howard did in “The Best Man”.

"The Terror Twins", Eric and Pam – are absolutely hysterical. Who doesn't love a vampire who foils his hair?!? He doesn't even have a reflection to look at, so -- I find it rather ironic that his vanity lies so deep. The third one that was hanging around with them was fortunately killed off; he was vulgar and rude, and not nearly as interesting. I don’t think Eric & Pam get nearly enough screen time but there's something to be said about that; their sparse appearances with witty and satirical comments keep me longing for more.

I could do with less of Tara, though she is back in shape and quickly becoming another one of my arm role models once again. What’s sort of funny about that, is she’s so incredibly jacked and no one wonders how she gets that way? I mean, she clearly spends time at the gym and yet there’s never a mention about it at all. Just a little noted inconsistency – which speaking of, there are some definite timeline inconsistencies in that show. As well as the mere fact that so many people of paranormal capacity seem to flock and gravitate around the Bon Temps community and no one even blinks an eye at that.

But I’m not about to poke holes in the story line. I just enjoy being able to indulge in a little supernatural soap opera once a week and romanticize the vampire culture...the passion, the romance and of course, the tragedy of it all.

2 comments:

Just--Me said...

Great blog! :D xxx

Rebecca said...

Hi Just Me! Thanks for stopping in, glad you like it! :)