Friday, June 12, 2009

Stewie: Yes, I rather like this God fellow. He's very theatrical, you know, a pestilence here, a plague there. Omnipotence. Gotta get me some of that.

1. As I was getting my coffee this a.m. , I saw on the television a story about a bird in San Francisco who is randomly attacking people in front of a building: http://wfmz.com/view/?id=1157040. You have got to see this, it’s one of the funniest things I’ve seen! I wish I could walk by and have that bird do that to me, it would be one of the funniest things, ever. He/She’s this really cute little black bird who is for whatever reason coveting the landing on which he/she perches (I didn’t notice a nest being protected unless the tv cameras weren’t able to get a good shot of it) and he seems to like to snag people on their cell phones in particular. He/She just swoops down, and gives them a little ruffle in the back of their hair. It is hysterical. Our little feathered friend even has a blog dedicated in his/her name: http://www.frontstreetattackbird.blogspot.com/. This story was a great way to start a rainy, dreary Friday morning.

2. Surely we’ve got to see the sun again soon. I’m hoping it’s tomorrow because the poor kids are starting to get cabin fever (as I am, truthfully.) This weekend’s plans are going to be fun, but not hectic which is great. Tonight, one of my girlfriends is coming over and I’m making dinner (though truthfully, I have no idea what I’m making just yet – nothing is appealing to me. Maybe a light pasta tossed with veggies and some salad?) and then we’re going to have our Denise Richards “Its Complicated” viewing. It’s unfortunate there is only one episode right now to watch, but that’s okay. We tend to like to watch HGTV on Demand too, so that might be on deck afterwards. Saturday, I think I’m taking the kids to the Butterfly Place and then Kimballs for ice cream should the sun make its appearance. We haven’t been yet this season, we love it there – and especially since the kids have a collection of about 30 gypsy moth caterpillars that they’ve captured and have spun their cocoons – they’re going to have so much to talk about with the butterfly keepers.

3. How’s about those Sox? I really, really wanted to see us get CC Sabathia. That was a drum I was banging a year before he was even available. Definitely would’ve been a good weapon to have in the arsenal – and he was on his game last night. At the same time, while I don’t follow the Yankees at all – Texeira has been rather unimpressive to me, from what little I have seen of him. So glad we didn’t waste our money. It’s always interesting to see the comparison between the Yankees dugout and the Sox dugout. Joe Gerardi and the rest of the crew always look frustrated and tense….and yet our staff and team tends to look even keeled and laid back. I’ve got to think that goes back to my thinking that there just isn’t a lot of cohesiveness in that organization as a whole.
3a. Brad Penny looked really good last night, no? Despite coming out swinging (come on, who didn’t feel just a smidge of satisfaction when he nailed ARod?) he pitched with a lot of diversity which was great and made for a very interesting game to watch.


4. Who’s got a long weekend? I do! I do! I’m taking Monday off to go do some product line shopping for the new store and I can’t wait! This has been a long and rather stressful week and this girl is long overdue for a little relaxation. Now, don’t get me wrong – it won’t be relaxing at all, but it will be fun.
4a. I have promised myself a day of relaxation on the first day of being self employed. My very first day, I plan on utilizing the gift card for a massage that my girlfriend gave to me a few weeks back, and add a service or two additionally on my own so that I can detox and purge all of the tension I’d been carrying with me to that point. And I can’t wait….!

5. Rediscovering Twitter…. And finally, I’ve re-embraced using Twitter. I still think it sucks for personal use – but it has its place for business use. I’ve found some of my favorite Food Network chefs on there (love my girl Giada, still think she needs bangs though! Just sayin’…), and some great wine resources and vineyards who are now Twittering as well. It’s interesting, when I first started using it two years ago – no one was on there really. Now, though I think the interaction is lousy and it’s still buggy – the user base has improved tremendously -- so for the store, I’ve got some fantastic food/cheese/wine feeds that have been sharing some really useful information.

However you spend your day and your weekend, do it with a smile and those you love - and enjoy!

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Oh my goodness, that video is hysterical!! I'm also glad to see that you've got the playlist going on your blog. You've got some great music on here. :)

Suldog said...

Just now thought to ask - were you there Monday? I didn't spot you, but I only know you from the random photo or two.

Rebecca said...

Brandi, isn't that great? That bird is awesome! And thanks -- we definitely have similar music taste too. :)

Suldog, no -- I didn't end up going... that's okay though, not a big deal. :)