Thursday, June 04, 2009

There is a desire deep within the soul which drives man from the seen to the unseen, to philosophy and to the divine...

I had a fantastic phone conversation this morning..

A few weeks back, on the advice of an acquaintance – I spoke with an architect who is well versed in the business of retail merchandising and architecture. He just wanted to do some insight and information sharing regarding a floor plan for the new store. He was a very nice gentleman, we spent some time on the phone chatting – and left it open to potentially working together at some point in the future.

He called a few days ago, and I missed his call. For whatever reason, Verizon can be less than timely on their voice messaging system – as a result, I didn’t receive a voice mail indicator or any new messages until this morning. So, upon hearing that he had a question for me – I returned his call.

It turns out that his wife is going through a career change, and is looking to get involved in an industry somewhat in line with some of the features I’m looking to incorporate into the new store. He said that after our initial phone conversation, he was impressed with my drive and obvious passion for what I want to do; that I had a strong sense of organization and clarity and he thought that his wife should meet me – that I could possibly help provide motivation, inspiration and insight, and mentor to a certain extent – would I mind speaking with her. Of course, my answer was "absolutely".

I was beyond flattered; it’s one thing for me to be excited about being in business – but to have someone feel that I could be inspiring to someone else – and have this come from a person who is unbiased, was such a positive and reaffirming thing for me! Sometimes it’s good to hear from someone who doesn’t already know you, or have affection towards you – send praise your way.

I’ve always enjoyed being a motivator for others – I’m exceptionally self motivated, and I do love to inspire others -- so I’m truly looking forward to meeting this person and hopefully getting her excited about the possibilities that she can create for herself.

(See, those rose colored glasses aren’t necessarily such a bad thing…. it's having a positive outlook that sometimes helps you see the "forest through the trees", rather than the big old trunk that's seems to be right in front of you.)

1 comment:

FlunkyBoy said...

that's way coolio!