Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday's Musings...

1. Yesterday, we took the kids to Rockport despite the gloomy, rainy weather. We put on our windbreakers, brought our umbrellas – and fortunately, we had a damp and dark – but rain free day as we browsed through all the shops. It was such a good time actually because it wasn’t overly cool; it was still enjoyable to have a cup of ice cream and sorbet outdoors and we just always have a great time there poking around. We stopped at Blue Lantern where G bought me another really cute little dress. They have very fun dresses that are really reasonably priced (especially when on clearance!) and so now, we just have to make the time to go someplace so I can wear it. Oh, and hopefully the right weather too, because it’s absolutely a summer dress….
2. Are you as sick of the dreariness as I am? I think we’ve had a total of a day and a half of sunshine since May. Summer is half over as of this coming weekend and the weather forecast is predicting still more rain. These poor kids, their summer vacation is just such a drag. I mean, there’s just so many things you can do indoors when kids should be outside in the fresh air, being sunkissed.
3. Today was going to be the day I gave my notice. But I can’t do it. Not yet. And it’s just one of the many things I’m stressing over these days. I’m not feeling 100% secure with the banking which has one kink that we’re still working on. It’s fine – it’s not a stumbling block but until the commitment letter has been signed, I just can’t in good conscience do it. But, in the meantime I’m doing as much as I can to get things in order so when I do – we can get rolling. You know, little things like health insurance…
4. Billy Mays is not the “Sham-Wow” guy. So, this was a news flash for me because I definitely had the two of them confused. When I heard that Billy Mays passed away, my initial reaction was “clearly, that was God’s way of clueing him in that prostitutes are people too…” but then I discovered they aren’t the same person. Serves me right for being snarky…. Poor guy, he probably had a concussion from the landing of the plane and didn’t realize it. How awful.

I’m hoping that this week will be better than last – on all fronts, for everyone!

No comments: