Monday, June 15, 2009

Now that's a Monday....

It was a little odd this morning being out for coffee and breakfast with G as we started our day today. It's not often that I'm with him and not the kiddies - I almost felt guilty being without them if I'm not at work. Ah yes, the guilt of being a Mother. Anyway...we were spending the day together doing some shopping (or rather, pre-shopping since the gift show isn't for another two weeks) for some product lines for the store. I am beyond excited with some of the food products -- and as much as I want to spill the beans on what they are, I can't just yet. But they're gooood.....

Afterwards, we ventured to the mall - a place that we rarely get to go as grownups without having two little people to keep an eye on. It was great, actually going into stores and browsing and having lunch. But the best part was.... we got our teeth whitened! There's a Smile Bright at the Mall and they were having a two for one special so... we figured what the heck! My teeth are already really bright (I used Crest white strips a while back - they really work!) so now they're screaming bright....and G's teeth had never been whitened and they really brightened up. So he's going to go back in a few months, touch them up again - they'll be even whiter. It's pretty reasonably priced, quick - and me personally, I love the way my teeth feel.

So, as we're sitting there with our shades and blue lights glowing -- the phone rings. G listens to the message (naturally we can't speak because our teeth are being pampered) and I see him motion to me out of the corner of my eye. I grab the phone and listen -- and it's the bank calling to say our loan was approved and we'd be receiving our official commitment letter this week.

That was definitely news we'd been hoping to hear, and today was for me -- one of the better Monday's I've experienced in a long, long time.

4 comments:

Rebecka said...

As a fellow small business owner, it's been a ton of fun reading of your progress and success in getting your business off the ground.
Congrats to you and I can't wait to see what goodies you managed to find.
Becky

Rebecca said...

Hi Becky :)
It must be something about the name Rebecca. ;)

Thank you! And thanks for reading...

Suldog said...

Congratulations! Heck of a nice day!

Emily said...

Sounds like one fun day! I've never gotten my teeth professionally whitened, but I've always wanted to. Although, I have been using Crest whitestrips for a while and I'm loving what they're doing for my teeth, too!