Saturday, June 06, 2009

Friday's original post....

So my thoughts from yesterday were temporarily interrupted to the song from yesterday's post that I don't dare write or think about because then....I'll be in the same situation as I was in yesterday. "Nuff said.

1. Time to boycott Dunks again. I tried about 2 years ago, and I successfully gave them up for just shy of 2 months. They became the only gig in town for me and I had to begrudgingly go back. Since changing from flavored coffee to flavored shots in very watered down plain coffee - the quality has gone down hill. Whether it tastes burned or soapy, it's never good. The last few days no matter which Dunks I go to -- it tastes like paper. Paper?? What an odd description, I know - but trust me, now that I've mentioned it - you might pick up on it too.

2. Hello Clover! Okay, so I don't often get to go to Starbucks for coffee because it's typically out of the way unless I traipse into Bedford Center, but truthfully - at work for a quick cup - that is a pain to do. However, in Melrose..... there is a Dunkins that has a Clover system; if you've never had it before, it's a reverse French press and let me tell you -- all the acidity and overpowering bitterness that alot of the coffees that the 'Bucks carries is completely gone if you get it from this machine. Sure, my coffee might go up in price, but truly - with the amount of coffee I've thrown away this week alone, the extra 35 cents is worth it.

3. I always thought having a boy and a girl would eliminate alot of fighting of siblings. Boy, was I ever wrong. I swear, the only words I find myself saying to them is "seperate yourselves!" "don't you put your hands on each other", "if you can't get along, go in different rooms", and "stop screaming!!". Why are kids so loud?!?! Do they not hear themselves? My favorite is of course "please stop whining!!!". I can tolerate a lot of things, but whining is not one. Anyway -- sometimes they get along famously but lately it feels like those days are fewer and further between.

4. It's been an emotionally draining couple of weeks. There's been good news, which I've shared on here...not so great news that I havent' shared; work has been irritating and so it's suffice to say my stress level has been a bit higher than normal. It's been an emotional rollercoaster of sorts. I haven't been able to run or go to yoga, and so I'm sorely in need of a little "let down" time to just laugh and have fun.

5. Which will be on Monday... that fundraiser is Monday evening and my girlfriend and I will going and meeting another one of my girlfriends (who I just found out is also going, and I haven't seen her in ages, so I'm looking forward to it!) -- and hopefully we'll get to have a few appetizers, and laughs while admiring the Captain from afar. Last time I was there, it was a lot of fun - and best of all, it's an early night! Who wants to be out late on a work night? Not this girl...

Most importantly -- it's in support of a fantastic cause, and as I mentioned previously -- it's run by two women who are small business owners and entrepreuneurs and how can I not support something like that?

6. And finally.... The kiddies and I are off to go feed my girlfriend's cat and then to soccer for the last game of the season. I'm not sure what the kiddies and I are going to do later, it's weather dependant and truly - I'm good with just hanging out with them at the park.

We've got the rest of the summer to have our Saturday adventures....

2 comments:

Lloyd L. Corricelli said...

Glad to hear your business plan is starting to come together. Does that perhaps mean you'll be leaving the base when it's up and running? My business is up and running but it will NEVER (and I stress that) allow me to move into something I'm happier doing.

As for Dunkies, I've had it maybe three times in the past year and only when I've been desperate. I found that Tedeschi's has outstanding coffee and muffins and it's about $1 less than DD.

Rebecca said...

Hey Lloyd - yes, the business is coming along! We were approved the liquor license (incase you haven't read the recent posts) and are in the midst of planning the buildout. We'd like to be open by end of summer, but we'll see. Its pretty much riding on the state timelines for awarding the license.

I don't have Tedeschi's near me, just one in the opposite direction of everything I do in life, LOL.

I'm glad your business is up, sorry it won't allow you to transition though. That's a bummer. I will be making a transition but just not sure when.