Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Upside down, before, you turn me inside out – and round, round…

What is going on in the world of baseball?
It’s craziness – the starting pitchers are struggling everywhere.
Well, let me rephrase that – Boston & New York pitchers are struggling, at a minimum.
But the season is young… not a time to get discouraged just yet.

Oh, and note to whomever sent Dustin Pedroia death threats (can you imagine?!?) regarding his comments about his hometown – everyone loves their home town, good bad or otherwise. I lovingly refer to my hometown as “the ghetto”. It’s a joke and those of us who are from there all laugh and nod because well – it’s not the town we remember it being. That doesn’t mean it’s really a ghetto – nor would it be the end of the world if it really was. So, one – get over yourself, and two – the mere fact that you would do such a stupid and foolish thing only lends credibility and brings that kind of a statement to life. I’ve got one word for you – and it’s Denis Leary’s favorite, begins with an A and ends with a hole. You figure it out….

By the way – doctor’s diagnosis was sinus infection and pneumonia. I knew something wasn’t right… But now that I’ve got some antibiotics in me starting I’m hoping to feel amazing in the next 24-48 hours.

The sun is shining, it’s beautiful out – the forecast for the weekend is supposed to be fabulous – and I've got dinner plans on Friday that I'm looking forward to (and will elaborate on later in the week) and so while I feel lousy, I’m still in a great mood.

Now, if some of my happy vibes can rub off onto the pitching staff and so we can pull out a win….

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Ugh... sorry to hear about the pneumonia. Hope you're feeling better!

Gotta go see what Dustin Pedroia said... I really should pick up a paper now and then...

Lloyd L. Corricelli said...

Pneumonia again? Jeesh, you'd think your doctor would have you get the damn shot to prevent it.

I swear, you've had it at least three times in the three and a half years I've known you. Hope you're feeling better.

Rebecca said...

Hey Lloyd -
Close! LOL. Actually - this is my fourth time - but it's not as bad as the other three. This is just walking pneumonia. Much more manageable. First time was when I had Sofia; second time was when she was about 2; third time was about 18 months ago. I'm just prone to bronchial infections it seems.

Mark said...

I was talking to someone here at work about the neighborhood I grew up in and so we looked it up on Google Maps Steet View. Hoo-boy I don't remember it being that crappy. It looks like my old street has taken a turn for the worse.

Rebecca said...

Hey Mark,
See -- now you don't get all riled when I call it the 'ghetto', right? Some people, just don't have a clue....