Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Cause what I've got is because I took a chance…I don't wanna rule the world, just wanna run my life.

I am long overdue for a trip to Sephora. Beyond long overdue, actually.

Aside from the cheese counter at Whole Foods, Sephora is my “happy place”. I can go through, sample a few spritzes of perfume….see, touch, feel a few glimmer eyeshadows in shades that I’d never wear -- yet find gorgeous…sample a new lip plumper or two….and then walk out feeling like I can once again take on the world.

I am thinking that in light of the fabulous weather this week is about to offer, this girl needs a quicker-picker-upper of something pretty – or at least pretty smelling – to keep my spirits high.

I am out of my favorite Hanae Mori perfume….and I am dying to try Givenchy’s new Simply Irresistable Summer Sorbet. (I often wear the non-Summer version.) It sounds absolutely delicious. Or maybe, just maybe – I’ll find something else that tickles my fancy.

There is a lot going on this week; the liquor license application has been submitted to the town and so now we’re awaiting the next step; we’re meeting with a contractor this week to establish buildout costs in a more clear fashion…and I’m really excited because we’re potentially this close, and at the same time I’m trying not to get too excited because nothing is etched in stone just yet.

So I think that a visit to my happy place is not only in order, but a must. And at least there, I have the option to make decisions that I can control.

You know, like…. mascara or gloss.

No comments: