Friday, April 10, 2009

Let's hear it for the boy...

Okay, all of you out there who bashed the Captain during the offseason……
How do you like him now?

While I am a bit biased about the person himself, I do believe that I can be objective in my assessment of #33’s performance – and I think that his at bats have been a tremendous improvement over last year’s efforts. I’m not talking merely about the end results – but his form, the swings, and his stances.

Is it too soon to tell for sure? Absolutely.
But is it an encouraging sign of things to come – absolutely.

Was he underpaid in this year’s negotiations, all said and done –yes, I think he was. He is all heart and soul, and most importantly – he is talent. There is more to a career than one season. There’s more to a player than one season – especially a player who’s proven valueable in a multitude of areas to a team, over a period of time.

So, for those of you who were so quick to say we should’ve cut him loose, not resigned him and that there was no way that he could ever come back from one lack luster season – don’t go jumping on the bandwagon now.

Because this girl isn’t making any room for you on there.

2 comments:

chesneygirl said...

You TELL 'EM, girl!! ;)

Happy Easter, Rebecca!

~**Dawn**~ said...

I absolutely wanted Tek back on the team & I want him to retire in red socks. I am thrilled & encouraged by what we've seen from him these first couple weeks of the season (and during Spring Training). But that little pay cut? I think that may be the price he pays for having signed on with Satan as his agent. ;-)