Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Thoughts for Tuesday....

1. Swing…batter, batter, batter, swing! Who’s excited to watch the Sox today? I am! Oh, and I’m sorry…..did the Yankee’s CC Sabathia not do well in their season opener? Hmmm….. I think I made a little prediction about that a few months back, no? Yes, I’m pretty sure I did. Now, I am not a fan of season predictions because there is just far too much baseball to be played – I don’t think it’s possible to make them with any accuracy as there are far too many intangibles and unforeseen possibilities; that being said, I won’t be too terribly disappointed if my very pre-season prediction comes to fruition. I’m not going to regurgitate it here for fear of jinxing the Sox (it’s all about karma, baby) – if you choose to see it, feel free to search the baseball posts.

2. So, I have to say I laughed aloud when I read the story about the Canadian woman who chose to support jihadists all over the world… and ventured to Afghanistan to support “the cause”, only to be kidnapped by those she chose to support – and then plead to her native government (whom she’s so eloquently trashed) and beg to pay the ransom money to release her so she’s not beheaded. "I need somebody to help me," she pleaded on the most recent video. "My government — the Canadian government, the Pakistan government — I want to go home." Hmmm. Yeah, I’m thinking she can take one for the team. I never thought I wouldn’t be compassionate but you know, 9/11 changed everything for me. Sorry, but like I said – it’s all about karma, baby. They were your toys – you wound them up – now, you can play with them.

3. There is a reason why I don’t read the news. Sandra Cantu’s body was discovered inside of a suitcase in a pond. Haleigh Cummings is still missing. Caylee Anthony’s mother is a monster. A psychopath lunatic in Gardener MA stabs her 2 year old 100 times and then tries to strangle her. I find that I can’t even get to the business section without having gruesome tales of abuse on young children being thrown in my face. It’s horrifying, disturbing and saddening. What is this world coming to? And then people wonder why good parents are so over protective of their children these days……

4. I can run like the wind blows….well, that would be Forrest Gump, not me. However, I did have a successful run last night. I made it to a half mile before I felt a tweak in my knee – and I was smart, rather than run through it, I stopped. Yesterday’s half mile, may be tomorrow’s mile. I’m sensing a comeback …..

5. And finally… that what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. If it doesn’t happen – it wasn’t meant to be. Laugh a lot, and loudly. Love boldly. You are your greatest strength – don’t be your own worst enemy. Smile and let someone know you’re thinking of them…. Allow yourself to dream.

4 comments:

Raina said...

Just stumbled across your blog. Very nice read. :)

Rebecca said...

Hi Raina --
Thanks so much! :) Feel free to pop in anytime.

Suldog said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Dustin smacks one out and the season is underway. Nice!

Oh! And Tek goes long!

(That sounds awfully dirty, especially considering your crush, but you know what I mean.)

Rebecca said...

Suldog.... it could be worse.
"he goes deep! It's a deep drive..." ala Joe Castiglione.

LOL, now THAT sounds dirty. LOL...! I couldn't resist!!