Monday, April 27, 2009

Positive thinking yields positive results....

The entrepreneur is our visionary, the creator in each of us. We're born with that quality and it defines our lives as we respond to what we see, hear, feel, and experience. It is developed, nurtured, and given space to flourish or is squelched, thwarted, without air or stimulation, and dies.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Most new jobs won’t come from our biggest employers. They will come from our smallest. We’ve got to do everything we can to make entrepreneurial dreams a reality.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.

Smile when it hurts most.

What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise.

The entrepreneur in us sees opportunities everywhere we look, but many people see only problems everywhere they look. The entrepreneur in us is more concerned with discriminating between opportunities than he or she is with failing to see the opportunities.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

LOVE this post Rebecca! And it is very timely for me. My six year, one of them, seems to see the glass half empty ALL OF THE TIME. Try as I might, to point out the many positive points, he always seems to revert back to the negatives. Frankly, this attitude is foreign to me and I'm not sure what to do with it. And he's only six!

Rebecca said...

Good, I'm glad you liked it! I'm trying to maintain my balance, we had a big meeting today regarding the store.

That's difficult, when a child seems negative. Sofia, my youngest can be like that at times. She flip flops - sometimes she super positive and then other times, dark and negative. It is hard to understand how someone so little and with no troubles in life could have such a different outlook. LOL. But, I like to see the positive in her negativity, and look at as she's got a heightened sense of awareness and sensitivity - and so I try to help her see the bright side of things. Sometimes it seems to work, others, not so much. LOL.

I don't know if your little guy is super sensitive like she is, but I'm sure he'll work through it and see the positives. Its a growing process. You know, it's almost a security blanket to be negative; it's easier. And so maybe it's just his comfort zone right now?

Suldog said...

What you're given doesn't matter at all. It's what you do with it that counts.