Thursday, April 09, 2009

Life is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get....

(Unless you intentionally go for the squared pieces. Those are caramels -- my fave. Just sayin...')

Jon Lester’s performance last night is exactly why I don’t believe in pre-season predictions.
One never knows…..

So, it’s been quite some time since I’ve had a headache; my last acupuncture visit was in January, about 3 weeks before my surgery – and the last headache up to that point I’d had was in early December. I can’t rave enough about acupuncture. It has literally worked wonders and changed my life. That being said, the down side to it (unfortunately, every upside has a downside…ying and yang) is that when I do get a head ache – wow. They hurt. I almost forgot what they feel like. The last one I had, was small -- playing “peekaboo” with me for a day. This one I’ve got now well, it’s a bit stronger. It came on last night, and it’s just hanging on to me today. I’m going to go on a limb and guess that it’s weather related, given the sudden drop and then sudden lift in temperature over the past 36 hours or so. Seasonal or not, it’s definitely time to schedule another appointment.

Last night I made a valiant effort to complete a mile run. I’m still sitting at a half mile – but I’m being so cautious and smart about it all. (Shameless pat on the back.) I know myself well enough to acknowledge I tend to push myself, and I certainly do not want to do any damage to my knee, so I will continue to run every other day and stop when my knee starts to alert me that it’s “had enough”. Besides, what am I thinking – it’s only been 9 weeks since my surgery, running is a big deal on the knee. Look at Mike Lowell – he still can’t run well and his surgery was well before mine. Granted, it was hip surgery - and not the same thing at all, but it’s still surgery and structural and impacting none the less.

Saturday is my annual effort at the 108 Sun Salutations for the Jimmy Fund. I’m really looking forward to it. Three hours of a seriously intense workout – and for a fantastic cause. And then, Sunday – I get to enjoy Easter dinner guilt free, right? I am not hosting this year --I will be a guest and I’m looking forward to it. I am not sure what I’ll be bringing yet….

Lingering in the back of my mind is the business venture…..we’re at a point with financing and it’s weighing heavy on my mind given the state of the economy. Banks don’t want to lend to businesses, despite the fact that the SBA is backing 90% of the loans; the banks just aren’t underwriting them. Our present business is almost owned outright – and the balance of the loan is so small. Adding the costs of the new business to the existing loan is the only route we can go on because no one wants to lend to a “startup” – and the business can clearly sustain the new loan balance. But again – banks don’t want to underwrite loans these days, period. So, fingers crossed….I should have more information on that relatively soon.

And then there’s the Sox game this afternoon. I’m almost glad that I can’t see it – since Dice K is pitching and he is so frustrating to watch; but I’m thankful for the radio at my desk. It’s been years since I’ve sat in a building that got reception and being able to listen to the game puts a whole new light on being stuck in the office.

Speaking of which – this girl is off to get a spring in her step with some fresh air and a run to Whole Foods.

2 comments:

Suldog said...

Saying a prayer for your business worries as soon as this posts. Have a wonderful Easter!

Rebecca said...

Thanks Suldog..... same to you and yours. :)