Wednesday, April 08, 2009

I try to keep my cool, thus, that's what I try to do but...it's so hard dealing with people like you...

I’m an event driven personality.
I don’t “wake up in a bad mood”. I wake up the same every day, and generally in a good mood (though quiet at first) until something happens to alter my reality. Not very much generally happens, so it’s suffice to say I’m quite often in pleasant spirits most of the time.

Others, are mood driven personalities.
They tend to “wake up on the wrong side of the bed”, or are snippy because they’re irritated about something. If there’s something going on in their life that isn’t quite right, they just don’t know how to filter their attitude when dealing with other people.

It’s the mood driven personality types that sometimes create situations that make this girl not so happy. (Or want to reach out and shake them. Yell a little bit. Just sayin'...)

I try really hard not to let those days affect my own perspective and outlook on the day, and more often than not -- I’m relatively successful at that.
Today, I’m struggling with it.

I’m not mad. I’m not sad.
I’m irritated.

I think I need to indulge in a little bit of Reeses….it's my quicker picker upper!
And it's been far too long since I've had any.

(Watching replay after replay of Jason’s at bats from last night might help a bit too…!)

1 comment:

~**Dawn**~ said...

I wake up happy but quiet at first too! And it really bugs me when someone or something rains on my day. I've been working very hard to not allow the poor attitude of others dictate my reactions. I may not be able to control the external events but I can choose how I handle it in response. Some days it's much more difficult than other though.