Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood....

A beautiful day indeed.

I keep hoping that this warmth we’re experiencing is not temporary – and that since we had a long, hard winter, we’re going to be reciprocated in kind by summer. I like that idea, and I refuse to believe the weather reports calling for 60 degrees tomorrow. Fingers in my ears, and I’m saying “la la la la la…I can’t hear you!”.

Despite the fact that I’m not capitalizing on this outstanding weather, I’m having a really lovely day. I had lunch with two of my girlfriends, (formerly and lovingly known as “the Trifecta”) at Fresh City and then proceeded to have some good laughs at my expense trying on sunglasses at the shop located next door. See, my face is very small – and so nothing fits me. This has been an issue for me, throughout my life which is why I never wear sunglasses. Everything looks huge on my face – and it doesn’t matter the shape. Round, Rectangular, Square, Oval, Squoval….none of it works. (Seriously, I don’t know how Nicole Ritchie pulls it off because nothing looks good on me. Not that the bug look works for her either, but I digress…) The best is that when I glance over at one of my friends after I put it on – she can’t even pretend, it’s just all out roaring laughter. See, that is a true friend – someone who’s not afraid to laugh with you, or at you – because she doesn’t want you to look foolish. Friends don’t let friends look bad. Friends don’t let friends have stuff in their teeth. Friends won’t let you buy the outfit that fits you all wrong. Friends let you think that your fantasy crush loves you back. Friends don’t let friends drive drunk… the list goes on and on, you get the picture.

It’s a waiting game at the moment regarding the business venture. We did get a call today from the local paper asking some information regarding why we chose to open there, etc. which is really quite exciting. All of our paperwork is with the bank and they seem excited and opportunistic about the opportunity for them as well, so it’s really fingers crossed. It’s not so much the amount of money that’s required as it is the fact that banks are hesitant to loan for startups in this economy. (Hence some of my frustrated posts over the past few weeks or so regarding the economy.) So, this girl is remaining on the side of cautious optimism for now.

But I assure you, if it’s good news….you’ll be able to hear me down in Atlanta, Georgia – or Los Angeles, CA – I’ll be cheering that loudly.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed too...because you know I'll be the first one in line filling out an application!

Nichole M said...

Veritek loves *me*!!! Ok, he probably loves lotsa girls (Heidi Watley included), so let's just be in his harem.