Friday, April 17, 2009

Let the morningtime drop all it's petals on me…Life, I love you, all is groovy!

It’s really difficult not to be in a fantastic state of mind – it’s gorgeous outside. Though I have yet to venture into what is rumored to be a very mild and almost late Spring- like day - I plan on doing so at lunch today. I’m not exactly sure where I’ll venture to, but my stomach is rumbling and I’m thinking it would be a good idea to go and get myself a little somethin’ somethin’.

To make things even shinier and happier today – it’s a long weekend. Patriots Day is Marathon Monday – as well as Red Sox afternoon game day. One of my girlfriends and I have a tradition of going every year to Patriots Day games, and then walking along the marathon route to see the runners come in to the finish. This year though, instead of having breakfast at the Paramount (to die for breakfasts, might I add…) we’ll have breakfast right outside of the Park, complete with Bloody Mary’s (yummm!). Fabulous tickets for this game – I’m hoping anyway. Field Box seats, by first base. I just hope they’re not past first base, but it doesn’t appear that they are on the map. Yesterday, I’d found some Loge Seats directly in between home and first (best view of the game, in my opinion – I’ve sat all over the park, and that’s the area I prefer.) for a song, but they were sold today – which isn’t a huge surprise. So these seats were a little more expensive, but closer to the field – and on the first baseline. I’m not sure who will be pitching….I *think* it would’ve been Dice K’s scheduled game – but since he’s out, who knows. That’s the only downside to these games, typically it doesn’t fall in the pitching rotation where I get to see someone I’d like to see. (Okay, the "read between the lines" on that is.....will Jason be catching!?!)

Tonight, I’ve got dinner plans with some friends from high school that I haven’t seen in, oh – I don’t know, since they graduated – and they were ahead of me. So, I’m really excited about that – it will be like high school study in the cafeteria all over again, only with alcohol and better food. Even better, since I’m not feeling so hot – we’re meeting close to home, and so I don’t plan on a late night at all. But it’s supposed to be as I mentioned earlier – gorgeous out – so we’re hoping the patio of the restaurant is open so we can eat outside. It should be a good time, and I’m really looking forward to it.

Tomorrow, is total Soccer Mom day. We will be at the field from late morning until early afternoon. Afterwards, the kids and I are supposed to visit one of my girlfriends in her new condo with her new kitten. Which brings me to Sunday…..where, I don’t think we have any plans as of yet. And whatever they are, I hope they include a little lounging around in the morning with G. I think that's my favorite part of Sundays -- when we're just hanging, having coffee and reading the paper. I’m tired already, just from typing all of this. No rest for the weary – isn’t that the saying? Well, at least it’s all fun and enjoyable, quality time with both family and my friends.

Pictures will follow, I’m sure….of both tonight and the Sox game.
Whatever you do this weekend, enjoy – embrace life and the ones that you love.

2 comments:

Suldog said...

Tremendous day outside, lucky you!

(My softball season - if I actually have a full one, on my completely broken-down knees - begins Sunday. Expected temps in the 40's. Brrrrr.)

Rebecca said...

You catchers definitely have it rough. I hope your knees are ok!!! Wow, I didn't know it was going to be that cold. Hmm. I should peek ahead to Monday....