Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Wondering what I'm gonna say... Sometimes life can be deceiving... Wednesday wont go away

1. Jason, Jason...where for art thou Jason...? While his agent is doing a lot of talking, I really would like to know what his thoughts are on the subject of free agency. Is he as interested in remaining with the Sox as he was during the last round of negotiations? Or is he thinking of leaving us (me) and trying a hand elsewhere? I think two years with options is a fair deal, especially if they're going to consider offering him the same amount of money as he's been making for those two years. C'mon Jason, it can't be all about the money.... there's got to be some value with job satisfaction, right? You love them (me), they (I) love you. It's all good.

Oh, and open letter to the Sox: Let's be honest - you need him. Make it happen.

2. Note to self: Start thinking about a new vehicle. The lease on my RX is up in 5.5 months, and on my way to work this morning -- I almost spun out because I apparently got a flat tire. Fortunately, the tire didn't blow out, and I still had to get to work so....cautiously I continued on my commute. A little while ago, I went to get my oil changed and sure enough - the tire is shot. Not even remotely fixable. So, thankfully I have a full size spare with a perfectly matching rim -- and I will buy a new tire in the next few days. But though I could probably use two other new tires, it's a lease - and being turned in very shortly as I already mentioned. So I think the time has come to start researching new SUVs. I really need a 7 seater. Suggestions, anyone?

3. I'm so over the election. Enough already -- the decision's been made, can we just move on?? Sure, not everyone's happy about it -- but I think it's been beat into the ground already. Now, let's just see what happens.

4. Tomorrow I get the results of my MRI. Seriously, if the doctor tells me that my MRI came back clean, then I'm going to be really, really scared. Something is not right with this knee and though the MRI gave me better mobility just the mere fact that it straightened my leg straighter than I could get it on my own, it's opened a whole new world of discomfort for me. I didn't think I'd ever want to hear the words "you need surgery", but seriously - I'll be more nervous if he tells me I don't. This is very uncomfortable. And truthfully, I'm hoping that if I do have to have it-- I'll be able to schedule it for prior to Thanksgiving. Here's hoping...!

5. And finally, I'll leave you with this thought.... Pragmatism asks its usual question. "Grant an idea or belief to be true," it says, "what concrete difference will its being true make in anyone's actual life? How will the truth be realized? What experiences will be different from those which would obtain if the belief were false? What, in short, is the truth's cash-value in experiential terms?
- William James

2 comments:

Nichole M said...

good luck with the MRI results!

~**Dawn**~ said...

I am wondering the same thing about Tek. I mean, how does a guy like him end up with the anti-Christ for an agent? I mean, Tek is a reasonable guy, I would think. He can't *really* believe he'd get that kind of cash or that many years, right?

I agree about the election too. I'm so tired of hearing about it already.

I hope you get some good answers regarding your knee!