Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A moment to say thank you...

I woke up this morning and thought of how when I was younger, there were two parades in my hometown that we used to go to: Veteran's Day and Memorial Day.

I don't think that Veteran's Day parades are held any longer.
And I'm not sure why.

I wonder if it's because that generation of people had a stronger sense of ceremony that people do today?

It only takes a moment to say thank you to those who are a part of our country's armed forces - and who represent and protect every right we have.

It can be something as small as saying the Pledge of Allegiance.
But however you do it, take the time to do so.

It's not a political thing, it's a humanity thing.

1 comment:

Nichole M said...

My current town and my hometown are having parades today. My niece is in one as a Girl Scout!