Friday, November 07, 2008

It often is just the small things that make us the happiest....

As I was waiting for my cousin to meet me at the fabulous new Mexican joint, I wandered into the Beauty Supply Store that is located next door.

I asked if they had the
Moroccan Oil that the salon I went to recently had -- and they did! And, at a much lower price might I add. As I was talking with the girls, they actually recommended I try another product first, and gave me a sample of the Moroccan oil so that I'd get to try it and make sure I like it before I committed to buying it -- how cool is that?

Then, I saw that my most favorite exfoliator was there... so I of course, had to get it because just this morning my back up brand was all out. I can't remember off the top of my head the brand, otherwise I'd share it. Anyway, the girls there were so nice and ended up giving me all sorts of samples of creams, masques and shampoo -- since I'm thinking my hair is a little stressed after having the highlights re-touched. And my hair hasn't been stressed in ages. I don't like stressed hair. At all.

The best part is, we were chit chatting about skin etc., and one of the girls thought I was the same age as her.... !
And she's a good 7 years younger than I am.
How psyched was I?

I even heard them talk about me as I was walking out because the door was slow in closing -- and they were saying such nice things, and sincerely -- not in that phony "we're talking because we think she can hear us" kind of way.


I walked out of there with my new products, my fun samples -- and a high as if I'd walked through a giant Sephora AND Ann Taylor AND bought a new pair of boots!

Sometimes it's just fun being a girl.

2 comments:

Martie said...

That is so cool! But you do look very youthful! No one thinks that I am younger than I am anymore......I think you reach an age in life and people just know you are over 60!

Hugs!

Mellissa said...

I have to tell you that this is the 2nd thing I have seen today on Moroccan Oil!! I think it is a sign....

Now, wanna grab lunch and then go to AT and then shoe shopping? I have missed you and we need to catch up ;-)

Love,
Your Shoe Soul Sister