Saturday, November 15, 2008

Saturday Survey!

Okay, so my personal pity party from yesterday is over. It's a brand new day - and truthfully, it's good to have a job even if you're not happy with it. I think my incense about it lies in the fact that I see so many people try to get out of doing more than they have to with their jobs, and here I am, looking to do as much as I possibly can! It will all work out in the end.

Any how, generally I try not to post on a Saturday unless it's a survey. And since the kiddies and I went food shopping today - I though this would be the perfect survey for me to post. Let me know if you use it, I'd love to see your answers!

Bon Appetit!

1. Favorite milk? I don't drink milk, truth be told. I use skim in my coffee. Both kids have lactose issues to a certain extent so my son drinks Soy and my daughter drinks Rice.

2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook this season? Pot Roast, Stuffed Cabbage, Spaghetti and Meatballs. (That was easy)!

3. Topping of choice for popcorn? Salt -- and tabasco pepper

4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure? ooh, that's a tough one. I haven't really had a huge disaster. Oh wait - one Christmas, I ordered Muscovy Ducks from Harry & David - and they were supposed to be smoked and fully cooked, I just needed to warm them. And they were raw. That was fun to serve...not.

5. Favorite pickled item? LOVE marinated mushrooms. Home made sour tomatoes and stuffed cherry peppers are a close second.

6. How do you organize your recipes? By course.

7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal? I'd love to have a disposal but since I'm on septic, trash it is.

8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be (don't worry about how you'll cook them)? Sushi, pineapple, pad thai. I could sustain quite nicely with those three.

9. Fondest food memory from your childhood? So many. My mom making home made spaghetti sauce (she didn't make it as frequently as I do so that was a real treat.) My dad's dropped eggs on toast. And of course -- tuna fish dip. I've blogged often about these childhood memories.

10. Favorite ice cream? I don't eat real ice cream often, but Kimballs Farms is the best - hands down.

11. Most loved kitchen appliance? My Kitchen Aid. I don't use it too terribly often, but just looking at it makes me happy. I really want the pasta attachment.

12. Spice/herb you would die without? Garlic.

13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time? The one my parents made for me. It's about 12 years old or so now and it's my favorite.

14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly? Raspberry

15. Favorite recipe to serve to an omni (I would've used the word "uber" here, but hey, I didn't make this one up) friend? Why I'd cook their favorite, of course...!

16. Do you eat tofu? I never thought I would, but I do. And it's delicious!!!

17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)? Oh, dinner - without a doubt.

18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator? My breads, juices, a bread maker, and the rice milk.

19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking. Frozen veggies, pork chops, chicken breast

20. What's on your grocery list? WAY too much to list here!

21. Favorite grocery store? Whole Foods. But I so don't do my food order there. I'm a Market Basket kinda girl. Who can afford to feed a family at Whole Foods?!

22. Name a recipe you'd love to try, but haven't yet. Just about anything in my Food and Wine magazines.

23. Food blog you read the most. I don't read food blogs. What, is that a bad thing?

24. Favorite chocolate? Since I'm not a big chocolate kinda girl, I've become quite accustomed to organic dark chocolate, 70% at minimum. It tastes wonderful and doesn't entice you to overindulge. Plus, it's good for you!

25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately? Define extravagant...? It's not like I buy caviar or anything. Maybe it was buying 10 lobsters three weeks ago. But at $3.99/lb, is that truly extravagant? I'd venture to guess not...

26. What vegetables do you enjoy most? I love, love, love vegetables. Cooked, raw, whatever. I love roasting my veggies too. Asparagus, Brussel Sprouts, Eggplant, Peppers, Broccoli, Cauliflower. The only vegetable that's truly off limits for me is peas.

2 comments:

Nichole M said...

I played! That was fun. :-)

http://mythoughtfulspot.typepad.com/blog/2008/11/cooking-survey-yeah-itll-be-short.html

~**Dawn**~ said...

I played! I am so a veggie girl too. I'll take your share of peas!