Thursday, November 06, 2008

Update on the Knee...

Good news is - my ligaments and meniscus appear to be intact. Bad news is - that means what's seemingly wrong with my knee is not immediately fixable.

My MRI showed cartilage damage under my knee which is interesting because the doctor said MRI's generally don't show patella injuries well so to have it show up is rather telling. Plus of course, for him to actually feel the popping of my knee, as well as see the lack of mobility I have is always helpful.

Here's a fun term for you: Chondromalacia Patella. We think....


So before we think about going further, it's lots of anti-inflammatories and ice - as well as a rigorous PT routine to see how far we can go in 6 weeks before he determines what if anything we need to do next.

This also means less heel wearing for me. Damn it. I don't even own a pair of flats, outside of my sneakers or Uggs.
What's a girl to do?

Clearly, a little shoe shopping!

2 comments:

Nichole M said...

NO HEELS???? That's a sentence worse than surgery! ugh!

Suldog said...

Geez! Sorry to hear about this! I've had arthro on my right knee, torn meniscus - abuse from catching, basically - but they did the PT for four weeks before operating. My experience? The PT did not help and I would have rather gone under the knife sooner, thus back to playing sooner. Of course, I was in the middle of a season, so my priorities were skewed.

Good luck, and God bless.