Saturday, November 22, 2008

Sometimes the best laid plans...

Often end up with a kink.
So, no sitter available for tonight, and while G would normally be home by 6:30 - he has to work tonight and tomorrow day. And my sitter options are otherwise booked. So clearly - unless something changes, no Trifecta Dinner tonight. I'm holding off on cancelling, just incase...

What I find so frustrating, is that whenever I want or need to go somewhere - I need to have a sitter. G, on the other hand - can come and go as he pleases without ever giving it a second thought. Of course when I mention this, he says "well we have a store - so that comes with the territory." (Excuse of convenience if you ask me.) Yeah, I get that. But every time?!? If you have staff that you cant rely on if someone suddenly takes the weekend off (like this weekend) then you need to get better help. Or if they stand around and watch you lift boxes when you clearly are suffering with a bad back -- they're a waste of time and money. Nuff said.

This led me to think of how else I am to spend the night since I will be home alone. Maybe, I'll bake cookies. I got a great email that has like 100 different cookie recipies, and me with my Kitchen Aid all alone..?

So here's a fun cookie survey I thought I'd post for my Saturday Survey.
If you use it - let me know!

01. What is your favorite store bought cookie? I'd have to say probably Oreos. Mint Oreos are really addictive.
02. What is your favorite home made cookie? Those shortbread thumbprint cookies with jelly in the middle. I remember in Home Ec we made two dozen of them. I ate them all. I LOVE those.
03. What is your favorite Girl Scout cookie? Tagalongs!
04. What is your favorite mini cookie (like animal crackers, teddy grahams, etc.)? Eh, I'm all set with those. Frosted Animal crackers hold my attention for a second and that's about it.
05. Do you consider Fig Newtons a cookie? Absolutely. I love how they get all muddy and stick to the roof of my mouth. It's a cookie you have to work at and you can't rush them.
06. Do you bake cookies often? Not as often as I should.. but pretty regularly.
07. Do you give cookies as gifts? No. I'm not much of a baker...
08. Do you buy cookies at the Mall? No. That never appeals to me. G can't resist them though.
09. Do you dip Oreos in milk? Eww. No. I remember being little and my parents trying to teach me to do it but I never really cared for it.

2 comments:

Nichole M said...

Sorry you couldn't find a sitter. You'd think there are all kinds of sitters looking for work in this economy!

~**Dawn**~ said...

I second Nichole's thoughts. With demand being less in this economy, you would think the supply would be outrageous & clamoring for work!

1. Vienna Fingers. I think.
2. Warm chocolate chip cookies, fresh from the oven.
3. Tagalongs!
4. Barnums Animal Crackers. The kind that come in the little red box.
5. Yes, but they are not a cookie I want. Something about the texture...
6. Maybe once every couple of months? I always get the urge this time of year though.
7. Never.
8. No thanks. I do not like soggy cookies. Bleh.