Monday, November 17, 2008

Rock, rock, rock, rock...Rock n Roll High School....

So my 20th high school reunion is quickly approaching.
(You know, the one I bowed out of helping to plan.)


It's funny because there's only about 100 people going, out of a class of 320. And it's mostly girls from what I can see from the RSVP list....which is rather interesting.

It is way over priced (I'm thinking due to the poor turnout), which is what's going to make going with a few girlfriends much more palatable. Who wants to spend $150.00 on a night that their spouse isn't going to know anyone or have a good time? Especially in this economy! Which is probably the mindset behind why a.) only a handful of people are going, and b.) an even smaller handful within that are bringing their spouses.

And since the price of the ticket is so high -- this girl will not be buying anything new to wear!

But that's okay - I don't really feel the need to go out of my way to impress anyone. I truly haven't changed all that much from high school - and I don't have anything to prove to anyone, so to speak.

There are a lot of girls going who have changed quite a bit -- and I mean that in a positive way, and so I'm sure they're anxious to "strut their stuff". I'm excited for them! It's always great to see people gain acceptance and confidence; let's be honest, for many people no matter how many years out of school they are - it will always feel like "high school" to them without that validation.

So my friend Robyn and I will be driving together -- and them we've planned on sitting with about 10 other girls, some of whom I've run into over the years because we live near each other - and some I haven't seen since graduation and I can't wait to see them and catch up.

(Now I can't get the Bon Jovi song "Never say Goodbye" out of my head. Senior year in my Filmmaking & TV Media class, as a project we had to script and direct a video -- and I chose this song. It was set around a 20th year high school reunion. Not super creative, but hey - no one else thought of it! I was so proud of that project...)

I just don't feel old enough to be having a 20 year reunion.
I swear, when I look in the mirror I think I'm only a kid.

A very busy, tired, and multi-tasked kid -- but a kid, none the less.
It blows my mind to think that I've been out of school that long.

Anyone else been to their respective reunions?

3 comments:

Suldog said...

To answer your question: Hated high school, have never been to a reunion. Love The Ramones, though, if that helps :-)

Susan said...

Mine is the 29th - 15 years. I'm not that old!!!

~**Dawn**~ said...

It's been 14 years for me (15 at the end of this school year, I can never figure out which way you're supposed to count that). We had one reunion. It was our 10-year. They had it over Thanksgiving weekend which sounded crazy to me, since people travel for the holidays and they are usually a busy time. I didn't go & I heard the turnout was poor. No biggie to me. I stayed in touch with all the people I wanted to and those that I lost track of have been relocated on Facebook!