Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A moment to give thanks....

Today is for me - the official beginning of the holiday season. From now unil New Year's, I often reflect and look back on the past year, as well as my life in general. It's a time to take stock in who we are, where we are -- and think about what we want to change or maintain for the following years to come.

It's a time to appreciate our family and friends, and realize that life is too short and too precious to waste time on anger, hostility or resentment.

"Peace is not to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work; It means to be in the midst of those things, and be calm in your heart."

I wish Peace for you this Thanksgiving, and always.

And without further adieu, here is my abbreviated list of what I'm thankful for this holiday season...

1. My children and my family. My life would be empty without them....

2. The health and well being of those I love and care about. In the end, nothing is ever as important as that.

3. I'm thankful for being born with a positive outlook on life. It's not having rose colored glasses on, it's being pragmatic yet optimistic. I'd much rather be that way, than pragmatic and cynical.

4. I'm thankful to be in a situation financially that I am not in panic mode during this economic crisis. Though that's not really a luck situation as much as it is an orchestrated life style that we to stick with and maintain.

4a. I'm thankful to be gainfully employed, despite my lack of enthusiasm for the position at this time. Better to be employed than not!

5. I'm thankful the second store fell through a few months ago. The adage of "everything happens for a reason, even if you don't see the reason right away..." is so true. To be building a store and carrying a lease during renovations right now would not allow me to have the above mentioned #4 on my list. Retail ready is the way the second location needs to go...and thankfully, "someone else was watching over" and agreed.

6. I do not care what any one says, but Leonard Padilla is literally the only person who refuses to give up on ensuring that Caylee Anthony's mother pays dearly for her deeds. Thanks to him, I do believe that Caylee Anthony - or some aspect of identifying material relating to her - will be found. It seems as if that poor little girl's family has thrown her to the wayside and all have done nothing but interfere with the possibilities of bringing her home. Though I don't blog about it often, she is on my mind many times a day. Little innocent baby, I just want her story to end with justice. And I assure you, when that happens I will be entirely thankful.

No comments: