Friday, November 21, 2008

Sunday always comes too late..But Friday never hesitates...!

For a short week -- it felt really long. Today I met Susan for a sushi lunch which was such a great way to end the week! And I'm openly envious because she's going to Wrentham tomorrow, and I can't wait to go myself and get a jump on my holiday shopping. Thinking of taking one day during the week in the next week or so.... (but not the day after Thanksgiving, unfortunately.) if anyone of you girlfriends who read along are game, let me know.

The plan for tomorrow was initially about getting the kiddies pictures taken for the holiday cards. But since the week was a little skewed, I didn't get the chance to buy them their holiday outfits yet -- and so I'm not going to have them take their pictures at the studio. Fluidity and flexibility are key in a Mom's world. I'm going to try something different this year. Tomorrow, the kids are going to get their hair cuts, and then I'm going to pick out their outfits -- and we're going to take their photos at home. I've got some pretty decorations I think I can use for backgrounds and props -- and so Mom is going to be photographer extraordinaire. "Le Studio du Supergoddess", if you will.

I can order all my prints through Snapfish that way -- and oh by the way -- photo card orders placed by 23 November are only one cent for the first 20 ordered. I am so all over that!

Saturday night is going to be the "Trifecta Reunion". Myself, and two of my girlfriends are getting together for dinner and drinks at the fabulous Mexican restaurant that we love -- which happens to have a second location right down the street from my friend Michelle. She just moved into a new place one town over which is fabulous because even though we don't work together any longer, we live close enough to still be able to visit without it being a big strategic affair. And our other friend Taryn, is a North Shore kinda gal too - so we're all close by. We haven't had the chance to hang out since the three of us don't work together any longer. I changed jobs, Michelle changed jobs...and Taryn is still there. We had planned for last weekend, but with G's back all messed up and Taryn's husband being sick as well -- we rescheduled.

Sunday, is probably going to be a relaxing day...football, of course. But I think we'll just hang in and relax that day because that night -- it's the previously mentioned WWE Survivor Series and it just so happens that G is feeling well enough to go; so my daughter and I are going to have a little girl's night. I thought it would be fun for her and I to do something special, maybe go out to eat or see a movie together, just the two of us.

I am ready to let the weekend begin.

So this is the thought that I'll leave off with today....
"Leave worries and anxieties behind, for they add nothing to your life. Be at peace, and you will feel fullness of your power within".

No comments: