Tuesday, November 25, 2008

And it's hard to hold a candle, in the cold November rain....

Today is most definitely a day to be in warm comfy clothes, eating all the wrong foods -- and watching movies -- as aptly put by one of my friends today.

Funny thing. Here at the base, our buildings are maintained by a contract that I believe is facilitated by Good Will. So there are some wonderfully nice people who are in the building from time to time, as well as some...special folks. Who are still nice, but they're just more colorful.

We have a guy here today, who I refer to as "Snoop Dogg". I love the real Snoop - and clearly so does this gentleman. Truthfully he does resemble him a little bit, despite being probably about 8 inches shorter. ( He also tends to wear so much cologne that you can smell him coming down the hall a mile away. I wouldn't mind if it was a soft, powdery cologne but it's like Drakkar on Overdrive! I literally have to hold my breath when he's in our immediate area. Poor guy...clearly hygiene is high on his list, but someone should really let him know he doesn't need to bathe in the spray. But I digress....) This morning as I walk up to the building, he's outside rapping loudly to himself. Violent, angry rap. So I smile and say "Good Morning" and he snaps into submissive mode and whispers "Good Morning" in this mousy little voice that is striking contrast to the voice he was just rapping in. Think Mike Tyson suddenly turning into Rob Zombie. Ah yes, these are the little tidbits that make life at work interesting...

So I am a guest at this upcoming Thanksgiving Day dinner. Candied sweet potatoes and Colorful Cauliflower are my items. Well, hopefully colorful cauliflower. Sometimes you can find cauliflower in purples and oranges -- and while they taste the same as plain old white -- it's more fun to eat and definitely prettier on the dish. I steam it and season with a hint of salt and honey. The kids love it -- but my kids are pretty cool about vegetables in general. I can't think of a vegetable outside of cooked carrots that they don't like.

I'm also bringing a dessert, which I will not mention here because if anyone I will be dining with is reading this, I don't want to let the cat out of the bag. It's not going to be home made, but it looked so delicious I can resist buying it. I just hope I can still get one tomorrow....though given the weather, I'm thinking it's not going to be high on everyone's list this year.

And if that isn't too big of a clue, then clearly you and I just aren't tracking!

No comments: