Friday, November 30, 2007

So glad it's Friday...

For a short week - I'm pretty tired!

Yesterday, I finished up on almost the remainder of my Christmas shopping.  The only things I have left to buy - are the gifts for my kids -- and the gift cards and/or ornaments for the adults.  I love exchanging ornaments -- they're so personal, and you always think of that person when decorating your tree -- so it's almost as if they're a part of the tradition, even if they're not sitting in the living room.


I went to Wrentham again yesterday.  (Insert angels choiring HERE).  My God I love that place.  And I can't wait to go back!  I found the BEST pair of Mary Jane shoes at Nine West (love love love Mary Jane shoes, but they must have a pointy toe AND high heel.  I'm so not into round toes, or little heels.  But I digress…)  that were available to be shipped to my house in both brown and black.  And, $29 a pair!  Buy one - get one 50% off.  I had them find me a pair, located in Lake George NY - but I didn't order them because…."I wasn't there for me.  I wasn't there for me".  That was my mantra all day long.   Not to say that I didn't get myself a little something -- new perfume:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml;jsessionid=FGB2LC5T20SO1LAUCJ2RXCQ?id=P48606&categoryId=C15137.  I couldn't resist.  My cousin wears it - and it was buy one, get one for $9.99, so we bought two and split the cost.  It cost us each $33 -- which is quite the steal!  And, I received two compliments on it thus far today - so…I'm glad it's a keeper!  AND - fun little tidbit -- my own perfume, Hanae Mori - happens to be a "similar" scent when looking at similar scents on the Sephora website.  Never would've have guessed because this one is much softer than mine.  So there you have it….And for the record - I think I AM going to order those shoes.    It's funny, I'll spend spend spend on everyone else, but really hesitate on spending for myself.  I even (get this) walked out of Ann Taylor without spending a dime on myself.  Can you imagine??


So, weekend is looking like this:  Yoga tonight; taking the kids to a fun "toys for tots" event in my town where they'll get to meet Santa; and then a birthday party on Sunday.  My cousin emailed me the other day saying they forgot us in the mailing of the invites.  I've been there, so know what it's like to be overwhelmed so I get it.  It's a Gymnastics party at a "Y" on the North Shore  - which should be a lot of fun.  We were tentatively planning on doing the skating on Frog Pond with another cousin, but I'm thinking that will get moved up to the following Sunday maybe?  My son was like "why can't we do both?"  and that might be an option, but we'll have to see how the day goes.   It's hard -- there's no one from my family going at this point outside of myself and the kids, so I'd hate to cancel - and I'm not sure if doing both is plausible, so we'll see…


So hard to believe that Christmas is less than a month away. 
Time to start wrapping…..!

No comments: