Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Ruminations of the day...

1. Prior to yesterday, my hair was really long. Wicked long, actually. (You know it was long if I revert to "wicked" as an adjective!). To my waist actually. I cut 4.5 inches off of it - and so now it's just long. But wow, it feels so short to me today! I still want to donate to Locks for Love…and I still will -- I'm just not ready to commit to shorter hair at the moment. But I'm quite fortunate in the respect that my hair is thick, and grows like a weed - so I'm sure that by the summer it will be close to where it was yesterday afternoon --and if I'm ready to commit at that point, I'll have more than enough hair to donate. I'm a firm believer in donating to all sorts of causes, and I try to donate to as many as I can regularly; and one that will help women and children when battling with Cancer is one that I just can't let pass by when I'm fortunate enough to be someone who can help in that respect.


2. Wow, is the media all over Brendan Meriweather now with the death of Sean Taylor. Well, the local media here is anyway -- specifically WEEI. I would tend to think that the Patriots did their homework on this kid when they brought him on, and I don't suspect that he'll go all "gangstah" and start shooting people because of his friend's death. Listen, Miami isn't Boston. The college crowds are a little different - the environment, mentality and lifestyles are a little different here than they are in Miami. I'm thinking that while he's probably grieving - he's loving his membership with the best team in the NFL more than he loved the thug life he supposedly was involved with 18 months or so ago.


3. I am really looking forward to this evening's Republican debate. I've gotten the opportunity to see where the Democrats sit on views - so now I'm looking forward to hearing where the Republicans sit. My vote as I've expressed before - is entirely up for grabs. I took this test online, and it said that my views aligned with John McCain at 70%, Rudy Guilani at 59%, Joe Biden at 50% and Hilary Clinton at 48%. Which is interesting because I'm not entirely clear on what the differences are between the candidates themselves. Joe Biden didn't surprise me, I really liked him during the debate. Hilary -- that surprised me quite a bit. But again, the questions that I answered may or may not have been either clearly understood by me -- or they may have been presented in a way to align to one particular candidate -- which wouldn't properly reflect the views that I believe in with a candidate. But that's the thing - I'm more than likely not going to agree with any one particular candidate on everything. So it's almost a call of the "lesser of all evils". I just want someone who truly believes what they say - and won't flop to try to win the vote.


4. I think I've made my thoughts quite clear on child abuse and stories of that nature. The Madeleine McCann case is really an interesting one though. I'm not entirely convinced that the parents had any play in this. I think that they made horribly poor decisions in leaving their children unattended -- what parent does that??? Be that as it may -- something about the way it's all been handled just really doesn't add up. I can't see why two parents who went through years of infertility treatments to conceive their daughter -- would kill her? And why her - and not the other two boys? It just doesn't ring true to me. An acquaintance of mine works for Fox News and has been on location following that story - and is convinced that the family is innocent and the Portugese police is trying to pin it on the family because they really botched the investigation -- starting from the crime scene that night and moving forward. I'm just not sure what to believe. All I know is that I sincerely hope that this story ends with her being abducted as part of a illegal adoption ring and that she's living with some family that's caring for her at the moment. While no one wants to have a child abducted ever -- I'd so much rather have this story end with her alive and healthy, than the alternative -- which we all know is not the happiest of endings.


5. The Novelle of Natick. http://www.boston.com/business/globe/articles/2007/11/28/3br_mall_view/
For those who buy "Manolo's" and don't like to "rough it". Well. My gut reaction was "wow, what a great concept for condos - I'm openly envious." But then reading the quotes from the clearly pretentious couple who was interviewed for this article, all I can say is "thank GOD I'm not a member of THAT condo association." This couple clearly needs to get over themselves. Because honestly, I'm a 30 something who while I don't actually own a pair of Manolos -- can afford to buy a pair and just choose not to. But that doesn’t make me above the rest of the people who live in Boston. There are places to go outside of the college bars in town, and it sounds to me as if Miss Thing in here - goes to the wrong places just to show the world that she "buys Manolos". Seriously sister. This girl is just not impressed.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Just imagine *those* condo fees! Stuck up is the word I'm thinking!

Anonymous said...

You could channel Youk, who I think shaved his face hair for charity in Kenmore square recently. Think of him when you're ready to donate! :-)

Suldog said...

Your #3 - Ron Paul will not flip-flop. I don't know your political views, so you may or may not agree with him. However, I can guarantee he won't flip. He never has and never will.