Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Random Thoughts...

1. Politics. Very interesting to see all the backstabbing, semantic playing and backpeddeling going on within the Democratic party. I was watching Bill Maher last night and one of his guests - I believe it was Martin Short - was slamming the Independent voters a bit, claiming that we are "wishy washy". Funny, I tend to think of myself as anything but wishy washy. Being Independent gives me the flexibilty and freedom to vote for the candidate that I think best serves the views that are important to me. Both Republican and Democratic parties in their true forms are far too extreme for me; my views are a bit more middle of the road - and therefore, by not claiming a party -- I have the luxury and the freedom of voting for a candidate that I feel best represents me. Why should I declare "loyalty" to a party? I am a free thinking individual, and capable of determining what my own values are; that very principal is what America and democracy is based upon, is it not? My vote is up for grabs. I want to be impressed by someone who I believe truly stands for what they believe in. I don't like wishy washy, poll watching candidates. Don't say what you think is going to get you the "minority vote", the "women's vote", the "ethnic vote" -- say what you mean and mean what you say. If you believe it - then so will we. And maybe, you'll win the election. I truly don't know whom I think the best candidate will be, and I'm truly looking forward to the debates once we have our main contenders lined up.

2. Food. I can't stop thinking about cooking lately. I love to cook, and though I'm not having Thanksgiving at home - I can't wait for Christmas. I am a bonafide FoodTv addict, I have to confess. I mean, if I have even a minute to watch television - what do I put on? FoodTV. And if I don't like what's on -- I find it "On Demand". Not a big Paula Deen fan I have to tell you. I know, I know - everyone loves her. She's okay - but I just can't take too much of her. Giada DeLaurentis is really growing on me. Her recipes are really very nice. I've always like Mario Batali, Ina Garden (aka Barefoot Contessa) and I love love love watching Ace of Cakes. The cakes they make are out of control. Anyway -- I'm really looking forward to trying some very cool recipes I've seen over the past few days. And while turkey isn't necessarily my favorite food in the world, I am a little sad that I’m not going to be able to try and make this really yummy looking Turkey w. Pomegranite gravy that Tyler Florence made. I don't do turkey on Christmas. Christmas is always something that I tend to go overboard with -- and I've got something pretty special lined up for this year's menu. But I’m not quite ready to release the details just yet...

3. Friends. I swear, I feel like I haven't had time to stop this year. One of my girlfriends is having Baby X at this very moment! We don't know if it's a boy or a girl - but they are on their way this very minute via C-section. Another one of my friends is having a birthday get together for this evening that I can't attend. While I did manage to see a few of my girlfriends at a fundraiser last Friday night, it just seems like I haven't been able to have a good girl's night in with them all in ages. I think the last time we were all together at a time that I was able to attend - was in April? Seriously! I'm really looking forward to our December holiday get together - and hope to make one of this coming year's resolutions be "MAKE the time to spend with the girls". Life is busy - we're going in different directions at the moment - but truly, spending time with my girlfriends is something that this girl really loves -- and needs.

4. Sports. (You knew I had to throw some sports in there, right?) CC Sabathia won the Cy Young. Hmmm. Okay? I often wonder how they deem people worthy of voting on things. Moving on... Dustin Pedroia - Rookie of the Year. Fantastic! I guess the Sox are playing Opening Season games in Japan…yum, the thought of having really fresh sushi sounds amazing. (Sorry, digressing back to food. I told you it's on my mind!). I am so psyched for the Patriots game on Sunday -- a "bye" week is so quiet! Outside of watching the Colts lose. I'm sorry - was that not a nice thing to say? I'm not a Peyton Manning fan - never have been, probably never will be. Who's my favorite player? Hmmm. Rodney Harrison is one; Assante Samuels is another. Laurence Maroney. I mean, obviously everyone loves the Quarterback and Receivers. But those three are probably my favorite players on the team overall.

I've got lots of other thoughts floating around as well - but I think this is good enough for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love watching food TV! Ina Garden is one of my favorites! I want her baking kit that is on 1-800-Flowers.com. It is the perfect gift for me! http://ww22.1800flowers.com/dataset.do?dataset=10671&cm_mmc=tagged-_-na-_-na-_-na&bannerBeacon=true