Monday, November 19, 2007

I can't believe it - but I'm hooked.

Okay, so I've always believed myself to be more of a purist with regards to certain technologies - the phone being one of them. I don't need my phone to be a camcorder, or a camera...a web browser or an IPOD. I just need it to be a phone.

However....

I had to go and get myself a new cell phone because my old one "mysteriously" just had the "red light of death" happen to it over the weekend. The phone was fully charged - but would just not boot up anymore. Which means, I've lost every contact information I ever had in there. (Note to self: Join Verizon's online account group so I can back up my own data from here on in.) Note to you, my friends - who know me outside of the blogosphere: PLEASE give me all of your information again. Yes Mom & Dad - this means you too. It's amazing how reliant we become on technology when you can't even remember your own best friends and family's telephone numbers any longer. But I digress...

So, I got this fun little Samsung phone that has a camcorder, and a camera - and oh yes, it is an MP3 player. That functionality will probably fall to the way side with me. But it DOES flip to the side and become a keyboard with true, real typing technology. No more annoying T9 for texts. How exciting! That in of itself holds it's weight in gold.

Love, love, love my new phone. So excited. And I just can't wait to have numbers in there so I can actually call people with it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh No...almost a blackberry....i am addicted to my blackberry - "crackberry" as they call it -

I will text youe the pertinent numbers for your new toy - though verizon still should have been able to extract the numbers with the majic machive that they have

Susan said...

I'll email you my 411...

Anonymous said...

I should really wait to be fully awake before trying to type :-)