Friday, November 02, 2007

Le Saturday Survey...!

So, it's been a while since I've posted a survey. And given it's a cold rainy Saturday -- it seems like as good of a day as any to post one. Blatantly "borrowed" from Ms. Ladybugs 12 - here's "more than you ever needed to know about Chez Just a Girl!



1. What kind of SOAP is in your bathtub right now? This amazing goat milk soap from a farm in NH. The name is escaping me at the moment, though I did post about them a few weeks

2. Do you have watermelon in your fridge right now? No, it's out of season, and rather mushy if you buy it right now I think.

3. What would you change about your living room? The accessories. And I'd settle on window treatments. I'm far too picky.

4. Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty? I never have dishes in the sink. Irks me to no end.

5. What is in your fridge? Hmmm. Tons of things and yet nothing much since I need to go food shopping. Yogurt, hummus, rice milk/2% milk, cheese, spring water/juice, Can't believe it's not butter, condiments, garlic, and all sorts of stuff to cook with if I thaw some chicken/beef/turkey/pork. I can make anything out of anything - it's a gift.

6. White or wheat bread? Wheat/Oatmeal/Kids White

7. What is on top of your refrigerator? Bagels, spare loaf of bread, spare bottles of juice

8. What color or design is on your shower curtain? Purple, Sage and Cream floral

9. How many plants are in your home? One. A spider plant seedling from Glitter.

10. Is your bed made right now? Always. Yet another pet peeve.

11. Comet or Soft Scrub? Both

12. Is your closet organized? Yes, but no where to the level I want it to be. Clearly, I have control issues.

13. Can you describe your flashlight? Hmm, Yeah. Don't have one.

14. Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home? Le bottle.

15. Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now? Eww. Iced tea is gross.

16. If you have a garage, is it cluttered? Nope.

17. Curtains or blinds? Pleated fabric blinds.

18. How many pillows do you sleep with? One.

19. Do you sleep with any lights on at night? OH no. Must be total darkness.

20. How often do you vacuum? Too often! All the time. Again, control issues.

21. Standard toothbrush or electric? Plain ol' toothbrush.

22. What color is your toothbrush? Purple

23. Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch? Sure do! And this just reminded me I need to switch it out since Halloween is clearly over.

24. What is in your oven right now? Nada. I did make Cinnamon Rolls this morning though - does that count?

25. Is there anything under your bed? Nope.

26. Chore you hate doing the most? Sorting socks.

27. What retro items are in your home? I don't think anything actually!

28. Do you have a separate room that you use as an office? Yes.

29. How many mirrors are in your home? 6. One in each bathroom - one in each bedroom.

30. Do you have any hidden emergency money around your home? Sort of. It's not emergency money so much as it's Christmas shopping money.

31. What color are your walls? My first floor has many; lavendar, purple, sage, tan, and gold. Second floor is mostly tans and browns; office and third floor are sages

32. Do you keep any kind of protection weapons in your home? Define "protection weapon"...

33. What does your home smell like right now? Clean. Laundry going at the moment. Fire in the fireplace. Kitchen has frosted berry candles lit, formal dining room has "Grandmas Kitchen" (think cinnamon, nutmeg and berry), office has kiwi melon incense, and son's bedroom has Sweet Strawberry burning.

34. Favorite candle scent? Such a toss up on my mood. Pumpkin Pie or Vanilla are almost always my most favorite "go to" scents.

35. What kind of pickles (if any) are in your refrigerator right now? Kosher Half Sour

36. What color is your favorite Bible? Is this a trick question?!

37. Ever been on your roof? No, and hope to god I never have to - cuz that would mean there was a fire.

38. Do you own a stereo? Hmmm. Do they still make them anymore? I have a sound system...

39. How many TVs do you have? Almost too many. 5

40. How many house phones? 4

41. Do you have a housekeeper? I have a person who comes once or twice a month. Psychologically it does wonders for me. Though I'm sure I keep the house just as clean as she gets it, it just makes me feel good to come home and smell cleaning products that I didn't have to do myself, you know?

42. What style do you decorate in? It's eclectic. I prefer French Country, but mix in a little Traditional as well.

43. Do you like solid colors in furniture or prints? I like to mix it up. Really depends on the pattern. I love stripes, and I adore mixing stripes and florals.

44. Is there a smoke detector in your home? Seriously?!?! Of course!

45. In case of fire, what are the items in your house which you’d grab if you only could make one quick trip?My kids, the dog and the kitties. And then I'd close my eyes and pray that all of my memory books might survive.

No comments: