Thursday, November 01, 2007

Discovering a whole new appreciation...

So, last night I ate a lot of candy.
A lot.

Good thing I'm going to the gym today.
(Especially since I just ate three chocolate covered peanut butter bar things. Ugh, you know how you just feel like you gained 10lbs after you eat something? That's exactly how I feel at the moment. Ugh. How could I ever think about wearing yoga pants to the gym with a tank top today? Whatever was I thinking?!?!? Where's my XL tshirt when I need it? But, I digress…)

Anyway, I've discovered that not only am I entirely addicted to Reese's Peanut Butter Cups -- but I also enjoy other candies as well. Not nearly as much, but enough to make me gorge on them as I did last night. So, I figured I'd share.

Snickers. Yes, Snickers really do satisfy. Especially if you eat about 20 of them. Given the peanuts in them, clearly this isn't a huge shocker that I'd be enamored with them, but still. This one I knew I liked, but just never really knew just how much until last night.

Rolos. "You can roll a Rolo to your pal…" Um yes, that pal would be me, thank you very much.

Almond Joy. Would you believe I've never experienced this candy before this year? Um, what the heck was I thinking? Coconut AND almonds? Almost as good of a combination as chocolate and peanut butter! Clearly, I've been a nut all these years -- and not just feeling like one!

Twix. Waaaay better than Kit Kat. Who needs air crisped wafers when you can have cookie??

So clearly, as we all know my love for peanut butter is also evident in caramel as well. I'd say caramel is a distant second to peanut butter. One of my all time favorite candies that you really have a difficult time finding around here - or at least I do anyway - are Sugar Daddy's and Sugar Babies. Love, love, love them.

If anyone knows of a place in MA that actually sells them - this girl will be forever indebted to you.

Oh, and if you could possibly arrange to have Jason Varitek there while I buy them, that would be even better!
(Hmmm. Thinking that one might be too tall of an order….??)

6 comments:

Martie said...

Chocolate is now supposed to be good for your heart........so if a little is good for you, then a LOT must be even better! Nuts are also heart healthy, so that justifys the peanuts and the almonds! Caramel just tastes good so that is justified too!

Hope this helps you.......it has helped me justify why I eat this stuff! LOL

Hugs

Elizabeth said...

Reese cups have to have some sort of crack in them. They must. It's the only answer.

Keith said...

Rebecca,
I wanted to compliment you on our amazing blog. I kind of stumbled on it...if you mean by stumbled....I was reading Schilling's 38pitches page and you left a comment and i rolled my mouse over you (so to speak) and your blog popped up.
The you know how it goes...you see a blog, read a page....read more, go to their first page as to why they have a blog...etc...etc...and now I feel like i know you better than some of my co-workers.
Oh and my wife has the Varitek thing too....I have a nice photo of he and I from 04'. I was working a concert and a bunch of the sox were there...mirabelli, Foulke, Embree.
Sorry to ramble on your page....I know you're a music person and I do the evening show at country 102.5...
Keith Stephens

Susan said...

You made me just go raid the candy jar at the front desk from everyone's leftover Halloween candy.

Rebecca said...

Martie - now I feel fully vindicated! :)

SFG - I totally agree. Reese's = crack. :)

Keith - Thanks so much for commenting! I listen to WKLB too - so I'll have to check out your show! Yeah, I'm going to be pretty sad if Shilling moves on...

Glitter - SORRY! ;)

Keith said...

Thanks....I do 7-midnight....shoot me a request some night....the req line is 888-819-1025....

Oh and of course that goes for anyone reading this comment too!