Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Twas the Day before Thanksgiving....

So, I've been talking a lot with my kids over the past few weeks about what they're thankful for.
Which led me to think about what I'm thankful for.

And while I feel that I'm always relative open about what I appreciate, and try to always take the time to call out the things that are important to me - today is a good time to reiterate them again.


1.  Family I'm so very fortunate to have a solid family foundation; while my immediate family isn't always near by, it's that sense of "home" and belonging that I still hold tight to.  I think that helps keep me grounded throughout time.  Needless to say I'm so very thankful for my own little family…I couldn't imagine my life without them.

2.  Health Knock on wood, thus far - we're all healthy, with nothing major or life threatening involved at the moment.  And that is something to always be thankful for.

3.  Friendships What is life without friends?  I'm so very thankful that I have a solid core of friends -- and acquaintances -- that I'm proud to know and be associated with.  It's funny, as you get older -- even your circle of acquaintances are the types of people that you generally want in your life, as opposed to them just occupying space out of a necessity of either work or play.  Let's be honest, we all have choices in life as to whom we choose to interact with and I've found that I'm really happy with the people I've chosen -- or rather, might have chosen me -- to be a part of life.

4.  Outlook I can't begin to say express how thankful I am that I have a positive outlook on life, naturally.  It's something that doesn't come easy to everyone - we're all different, and have gone through different experiences in life that can lend a hand in cycnicsm or negativity.  And while I by no means have led a life that has been laden with primroses…I've never let the negativity that has been thrown at me bring me down.  I whistle all the time.  I'm always smiling, sincerely.  I'm geniunely always happy.  And you know what, I love that about me!!   If there was one thing about me that someone asked me, "what is your best feature" -- I think I'd say "my attitude and outlook."  I'm really thankful that I was "made" this way.


These are the three most important things I'm thankful for.  Seriously.   There are other things in life I'm thankful for on a grand scale - but these are the "biggies".
The following, however - are the "fluffy" things I'm thankful for.


1.  Boston Sports.  Does it get much better than this?  'Nuff said / Nuf Ced.  (Anyone watch "Rooters" yet??)

2.  Mia Bella Candles I'm so thankful that I discovered these candles this past weekend.  I'm supposed to be attending a party Monday evening where there will be candles available for purchase.  I might have been skeptical had I not bought one this past weekend.  Love, love, love these.  Can't say enough about them.   Soy candles, that melt into complete liquid evenly -- and the best part is -- no black soot.  At all.  Anywhere.  Candle lovers everywhere MUST get these candles.   (There, I not only am thankful - but I'm generous too, because I'm spreading the word! Hahaha)

3.  Yoga Best thing I did this year was get myself in this activity.  I'm so thankful that I added it to my work out routine.  I feel better, sleep better, and work out with better endurance and stamina as a result of it.  I've always eaten "right" but it almost entices you to always eat right, and do good things for your body all the time.  How can you go wrong with that?

4.  The Body Shop I'm so thankful that I gave the shop another chance.  Didn't love their stuff too too much before.  But the Body Butter -- is to die for.  Gotta have.  So thankful I got a gift card for my birthday this year because now, I'm hooked.



However you celebrate Thanksgiving -- be it at home, with family, or a restaurant -- it doesn't really matter.  Be happy, appreciative and thankful…there's always another day to have a good day, even if you aren't in the best of places in life at the moment. Every day you wake up -- is a great day.  And know that you make a difference and have an impact on someone else's life. 


And isn't that something in of itself that's worth being thankfulr about?

2 comments:

chesneygirl said...

Body Shop would be on my list too!!
I tell people the same thing all the time... "their Body Butter is to die for!!" My faves are the coconut and Mango. Mmmmmm.

Happy Thanksgiving, Rebecca!!! :)

Hale McKay said...

Rebecca,

Howdie, neighbor. Sorry I don't make it to your blog as often as I would like.

It certainly has been a great year for Boston area sports fans, hasn't it? (The Revolution just missed again.)

I hope you and your family have the most wonderful, delicious, and fulfilling Thanksgiving ever.

Mike in Everett