Thursday, November 08, 2007

Crossing genres?

So last night I missed the CMAs and Kellie Pickler's emotional performance. I'll have to catch the replay on YouTube it seems.

Instead, I watched Dennis Miller's comeback new show on Versus: Sports Unfiltered with Dennis Miller. His debut guest was our very own local sports hero Curt Shilling.

Who, might I say seems to be a busy man. He needs to take a break now! The off season is here…he's signed, relax a little.

(That's code for this girl thinking that he looked a little tired last night.)
Anyhow.

Thougts on the show are as follows. Love Dennis Miller..always have, always will. He reigns supreme in political satire.

Sports?
Well, not so much.


Not judging -- I could never do his job. And it's quite clear that he loves sports. However… when he was on Monday Night Football I was psyched because I love him and I thought, "wow, how fun will that be?" Well, it just seemed to me that he was rather awkward and never really quite fit in that genre, unfortunately.

So I was surprised to see he's got this new sports show. Again, it's evident that he's a sports fan -- a New England one at that -- but he still seemed awkward to me, most especially in his monologue. I know, it's new….opening night jitters. I'm going to keep watching and I hope he picks up steam and the show does well.

Afterwards, I rewatched the Pats/Colts game on NFL network. Can I just tell you? LOVE the way they rebroadcast. Love it.

So that's my story for today. And, I…am….outta here….!

2 comments:

chesneygirl said...

YOU MISSED THE CMA'S????

Oh. Well then my blog post today will be perfect for you! ;)

As for Kellie Pickler, her performance of that song is ALWAYS emotional. I've seen her perform it live 3 or 4 times and she's broken down every time. Heartbreaking.

Keith said...

Kellies very cool in person...I brought her on stage at the tweeter last summer.....as nice as you hope she would be.....

As far as the CMAs go...congrats to Chesney.....If you want to see kenny "not" look glamm...go to my, myspace page....myspace.com/keithstephensradio, He's with me in my profile....he looks like a guy off the street..lol...